2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L hemi

Participant count
  • Participant list

Camarillo
10+ year member

Decided to start a build log today, ...but all I have is the car.

After my small setup in my neon I decided to make sure my next would be better. And now from scratch. Just out of high school and got a full time job. Now, the dodge has stock infinity speakers, havnt had much time to look really in depth to my car but if someone has had experience with this vehicle or very simmilar please feel free to help me out. I B NEWB.

I want to do this right and not start shoving in speaker after speaker without making sure it'll perform to its standard.

First item I plan on buying is an alternator. I'm leaning toward DC since I've heard only good things about the company. Idk which one . I'm not quiet sure how loud I want to be. And my budget, well whatever I have left over from paying insurance and couple hundred for food and routine budget.

Now that I think of it I'll probably start by attempting to run 5k rms and get louder if need be. So that being said idk what alt. Maybe a 270A or something a tad bigger? I know I'll need batteries but first I want to get electrical set up and sound deadning right off the bat. Suggestions please and now it begins!

This will probably take some time to finish since I have no clue what subs or amp. Might just throw in my 15 from my neon and the other matching 15 in a ported box of somesort along with the vfl4480. Idk yet let me know guys! And any questions ill try to answer

THIS WILL TAKE TIME bare with me!

Hello whoever is reading.

So I've been getting anxious about getting started and just wanted to get something installed.

What do you guys think if I just run my amp for the next month on STOCK 160 alt and big 3? Was really hoping to get new alt and battery but that'll prob be in the next month.

Also I've also been looking for a nice simple din and a half HU. Something with an aux for my phone, Bluetooth and high preouts.

P.S. anyone know someone who would teach me how to build a new dash for an iPad mini? Or build me one for not 1200. I like the idea but seems too complicated. Just wanting to mount it and play it through Bluetooth or aux nothing special. Just for looks

thanks

About to make a couple of purchases:

HU Pioneer 80prs

XS Power D6500

Stinger Distribution block

Knukonceptz 0 gauge ofc and knu 4 gauge ofc

Not sure:

Knu rca or d'amore rca

And not sure where to buy ring terminals and boots

Anything I should change/suggestions? Thanks

About to make a couple of purchases: HU Pioneer 80prs

XS Power D6500

Stinger Distribution block

Knukonceptz 0 gauge ofc and knu 4 gauge ofc

Not sure:

Knu rca or d'amore rca

And not sure where to buy ring terminals and boots

Anything I should change/suggestions? Thanks
Save your money and get your battery from SAMs club. Might as well get your terminals from Knu. Just get all Knu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.