Back up camera problem - Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix for my situation.

I have the backup camera all wired correctly, but without the white/purple running to the headunit for manual turn on. I don't need the manual turn on.

When I put the car in reverse, the screen says "Screen image may be reversed", but has no lines or image. When I switch out of reverse again it goes back to what it was doing before, seems to be engaging properly.

I am using a cmos camera, wondering if a ccd camera is needed?

Tried contacting pioneer but according to them its a holiday and they are closed...

What could the issue be?

What is the white/purple wire?
When hooked up, it gives you the option of viewing the camera without being in reverse. Unneeded in my situation as I will only be using it in reverse.

Its your camera that makes the lines, not the HU. Did you test the camera before installing it in the car?

Things that could be wrong.

1. Bad RCA cable or not connected.

2. Camera not getting power from reverse lights

3. Broken camera

Your HU wiring is correct since it switches to the camera input when you go to reverse.

Camera type does not matter as long as it outputs to a RCA video cable.

Its your camera that makes the lines, not the HU. Did you test the camera before installing it in the car?
Things that could be wrong.

1. Bad RCA cable or not connected.

2. Camera not getting power from reverse lights

3. Broken camera

Your HU wiring is correct since it switches to the camera input when you go to reverse.

Camera type does not matter as long as it outputs to a RCA video cable.
#2 . Camera not getting power from reverse lights

The fact the headunit is getting the signal to switch to the reverse camera isn't enough to say that the camera is getting power?

(gonna draw/dig up a diagram of how it is wired)

Reverse_Camera_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

This is how it is wired, the only changes are that the ground is grounded to the frame and its wired to my HU not a gps.

The only wire running to my headunit is the rca, which must signal the HU to switch to the reverse cam screen.

My Pioneer HU switches to rear view camera via the reverse sensor wire which is separately spliced to the reverse lights. I bet yours is the same way. That is how the radio knows to switch to the camera input.

My Pioneer HU switches to rear view camera via the reverse sensor wire which is separately spliced to the reverse lights. I bet yours is the same way. That is how the radio knows to switch to the camera input.
Well I believe mine doesn't have that wire connected, and it still switched to the reverse camera when I put it in reverse.

The leds don't come on and the lines aren't displayed, yet it sends the signal to the HU to switch inputs.

May be just a bad camera.. I read the headunit doesn't need the purple/white wired back unless you want to be able to manually turn it on and off.

Im trying to get the best diagnosis possible before I go rewiring things, I have 3 amps all wired up in my Volvo s80, so its tight and I have to take out my orion hcca and Rockford in order to get to anything besides the camera.. So I hope its this POS camera. Thing is, the camera is new :/

What I got from what I just said is that... when I put the car in reverse and the camera doesn't light up... then it must be broken, seeing as its getting power and its grounded. No matter the signal, the LEDs should light up.

Scroll thru your menus and go to camera polarity... try those settings..
Tis set correctly.. will be testing the cam tomorrow.. its one of the 12$ pieces of crap from ebay, chances are it came broken.. at least I hope.

Who did your install? I'm looking on the internet and I see that your HU's wiring harness has a reverse gear input signal lead just like I said it did.

You have a broken or non-hooked up camera.

Got this picture from an ebay auction.

!BnJNQ6wBGk~%24(KGrHqEH-D0EtrQGqcPOBLiWuroBFw~~_12.JPG

Who did your install? I'm looking on the internet and I see that your HU's wiring harness has a reverse gear input signal lead just like I said it did.
You have a broken or non-hooked up camera.

Got this picture from an ebay auction.

!BnJNQ6wBGk~%24(KGrHqEH-D0EtrQGqcPOBLiWuroBFw~~_12.JPG
Thanks for your efforts, I did my install.. I have come to the conclusion that the camera must be broken as the wiring is all meter tested.

Will be ordering a ccd cam shortly, I guess you get what you pay for.

Actually I got really lucky on an ebay order... I ordered a lower class headunit and they sent me this one, three 4 volt preouts and backup cam option were the differences. Makes a big difference in SQ with the 4 volts, so I was happy about that. Decided to skimp out on the cam because I figured they are easy to steal.

been reading and the 12$ POS I got off of ebay has about 1/10 that arrive in working condition.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.