porsche cayenne alt upgrade

chrisgibson333

denver
I have a 06 porshce cayenne it has a 190 alt stock. I am wondering if i can send out my alternator and have it rebuild to put out more amps?If so whats the companys name. Also i am running a 4k amp and have 3 agm batterys. Is my stock alt going to have enough amps with my battery bank to run the 4k without voltage drop ? thanks for the help guys.

omgsh porsche cayenne jizzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Mechman, Iraggi, Excessive amperage, ohio generator, tenney alts, singer alternators. There are so many companies.

No. Don't have yours rewound for more output. The casing won't efficiently cool the alternator if it can even be rewound for more output.

Nice ride. I can't believe no one has chimed in with run a extra batt since you have the strongest factory alt any one has asked about upgrading that I've seen. Well don't listen to that do big 3 and HO alt

Dc power is good mechman is good but for you there is only one, Stinger!!if you have trouble looking it up try Mike stinger alts

Some lowballers might chime in ebay alts but heck you got a Porsche get the best. Then if needed grab a few xs batts

Another company that makes very good high output alternators is Motor City Reman. When I owned my 12volt store I would use them instead of all of the "normal" places due to the fact that: a) the untis were more cost effective, b) they build a **** good product, and c) their customer support is amazing. I looked at their website Motor City Reman - High Performance Starters and High Amp/High Output Alternators to see if they have a unit for your Porsche, it states to give them a call. They also offer lifetime warranty on their products and usually ship for free. Hope this helps.

And by the way, we purchased over 100 units from this company and never had a failure....

I didn't really get past the Porsche and the 190 amp stock alt to see you r running extra batts

Try with what you have depending on how much current you pull you might have to add extra run of 0 gauge. 300 amps per run works

If you need it stinger is proven over the years and they work great cost is a lil high but it would be worth it in a ride like yours

Nice ride. I can't believe no one has chimed in with run a extra batt since you have the strongest factory alt any one has asked about upgrading that I've seen. Well don't listen to that do big 3 and HO altDc power is good mechman is good but for you there is only one, Stinger!!if you have trouble looking it up try Mike stinger alts

Some lowballers might chime in ebay alts but heck you got a Porsche get the best. Then if needed grab a few xs batts
you must not know that much about installations if your hating on the big 3 upgrade.

if he actually did have the big 3 done, with true 0 gauge, it would maximize the efficiency of electricity flow.

don't believe me? try running a 16 gauge wire to a 1000 watt amp. see how that works out...

then wire that amp with 0 gauge... and notice that slight difference in performance

you must not know that much about installations if your hating on the big 3 upgrade.
if he actually did have the big 3 done, with true 0 gauge, it would maximize the efficiency of electricity flow.

don't believe me? try running a 16 gauge wire to a 1000 watt amp. see how that works out...

then wire that amp with 0 gauge... and notice that slight difference in performance
I said don't listen to that DO THE BIG 3 an HO alt

I have done the big 3 in my ride it really helped

Try reading a sig when you get confused

From reading multiple reviews, I'd say DC power or maybe Mechman. DC alts have lots of unique features others don't have, such as a safety mechanism to prevent overheating.

Mechman is really steps ahead of anyone imo.

You are going to pay a large amount of cash because that is a rarity to have someone want a bigger alt for a porsche of any kind. I mean you seriously might be looking in the 1000+ range for like a 300 amp or bigger, if a large case will even fit.

Bucks alive!!!. Yes he does have a 190 but it is also a Porsche think of all the eletronics going on is his car every second so I would have to say get a bigger alt if you go any bigger or too be safe as a Porsche ALT can't be cheap at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.