99 Denali/Escalade, help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phantom240
5,000+ posts

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
Okay fellas, I picked up a '99 Yukon Denali (Same as Escalade), and I'm wondering who all knows anything about removing the Blowse, er, Bose equipment from the truck and installing a proper aftermarket headunit and speakers. Long story short, I'm going to be replacing all four door speakers, and I have no idea what I'm doing to do with the 4x10's in the rear. They're a stupid design anyway. Does anyone have any info they'd like to share?

everything should be pretty plug in play in that year depending on your install.
^^This^^With the 4x10 in the rear,Id replace with 4in components.you can buy sheets of 12"x12"abs plastic,and make a new baffle/face, and cut out to fit new speakers,and you should still be able to utilize the existing grill cover.All the doors are 6.75,you can do the same with those to add 6.50,components.You should have a tweeter location in the front doors armrest.7/8 tweeter fits perfect(pops/wedges right in place),but you can take a file and prep for a 1" tweet to fit.But in all Honesty,a midrange would be ideal in that 4x10 location,just a 50rms will work just fine,since its up high,it doesnt need much power to be heard.Give that surround sound affect

When I had my escalade, I just did away with the 4x10s. The Denali and Escalades are different than the reg suvs as they dont have tweeters mounted in the window switch panel. I ran components in the front doors with a bracket I made to hold the tweet in front of the mid and coaxials in the rear doors for fill.

You will want to run a 4 channel amp and all new speaker wire to the doors. The stock Bose amp is integrated deep in the car and bypassing it ( like mine is now, waiting to install new amp ) you will lose some functionality. If you hook up the aftermarket speakers to the Bose amp you will lose a bit of power as the Bose are 2 ohm speakers, unless you go with 2 ohm replacements. The best bet is to just run new wire, and a 4 channel, with an aftermarket head unit.

When I had my escalade, I just did away with the 4x10s. The Denali and Escalades are different than the reg suvs as they dont have tweeters mounted in the window switch panel. I ran components in the front doors with a bracket I made to hold the tweet in front of the mid and coaxials in the rear doors for fill.
Right. What if I were to snag the window switch panel from another truck which DID have the tweeters mounted there? The fake wood trim is god awful looking anyway. Also, I'll most likely add components in the kicks at some point, so I dunno if I'm even going to do much fiddling with the doors.

You will want to run a 4 channel amp and all new speaker wire to the doors. The stock Bose amp is integrated deep in the car and bypassing it ( like mine is now, waiting to install new amp ) you will lose some functionality. If you hook up the aftermarket speakers to the Bose amp you will lose a bit of power as the Bose are 2 ohm speakers, unless you go with 2 ohm replacements. The best bet is to just run new wire, and a 4 channel, with an aftermarket head unit.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. I'm sure the Bose amp isn't exactly a powerhouse to begin with, either. I do kinda want to keep the factory sub functional, but that's about it, really.

its a tahoe. lots of people have worked on them man.
No ****, Sherlock... that's why I asked.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.