Amp RMS Question

Hi I have four Crossfire DB12D2's i bought off my friend. They came with 2 Distinct Audio D600 2 channel amps but they are only 125 RMS at 2ohms and the subs say dual 250W RMS so im assuming thats 2ohms? Anyways would i need to get 1000watts RMS at 2ohms to power the subs to their full potential or how would i do it? If you could maybe link some good amps that would work id appreciate it. Thankyou.

You'd be better off running two subs and an amp on each of them with your current setup. I looked up your amps, they would do no lower than 4 ohms bridged. Series 2 subs, 1 to each amp at 4 ohms bridged, or get a better amplifier that will handle a bridge at 1ohm.

That amp will work those subs like a pimp works a hooker. Those PPI Art amps are amazing. Just run two subs to each side...on each sub, take the positive of one voice coil and connect it to the negative of the other voice coil. Then run the positive and negative left over on each sub to the amp...you should have 4 positives and 4 negatives after it's all said and done. Take the two subs on the right side and connect the two positives and negatives to the right output of the amp...do the same with the left side and you're good to go. 4 subs running 2 ohms stereo at 300x2. You may actually get some good imaging out of your subs running them stereo too. You'll enjoy it man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.