RF T2 4" coil motors

Participant count
  • Participant list

beatnbronco
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm looking for 3 motors from the RF T2 Power series subs, the one's with the shiney aluminum cone w/power across the face. I have 1 already and need 3 more to build my 18's. No junk please, they won't do any good if they have cracks in the ferrite or shifted poles, only good condition motors please. They didn't come with mounting holes in the top plate so i'll need to drill and tap some and plan to use TI baskets. Budget for each motor is $75 plus shipping tops. I still need to purchase softparts to fit. Thanks for the help

One of my favorite line of subs! Tons of motor force and excellent cooling (once you get rid of the big basket, lol). But I will keep my eyes out for some, but you have to remember to open up a build log and show us what awesome stuff you get built!!

Will the hx2 4" coil motor work here?
Two different motors

One of my favorite line of subs! Tons of motor force and excellent cooling (once you get rid of the big basket, lol). But I will keep my eyes out for some, but you have to remember to open up a build log and show us what awesome stuff you get built!!
Ya but you have to machine the top plate to fit other baskets which *****...

power hx2 won't work man..great motor though! i'll do a build log even if i don't find all 4, it's gonna be good stuff to watch man. it's a sub i bought off ebay, never seen one in person but the package was around 70lbs. I bought it with a bad coil and noticed as i was taking the frame assembly apart that the motor makes up 90% of the weight. I have atomic apx 18's i'm bumpin right now that have 3" coils. I'm curious how this RF motor will stack up against my atomic motors with the RF being heavier, more ferrite and uses a larger coil....

power hx2 won't work man..great motor though! i'll do a build log even if i don't find all 4, it's gonna be good stuff to watch man. it's a sub i bought off ebay, never seen one in person but the package was around 70lbs. I bought it with a bad coil and noticed as i was taking the frame assembly apart that the motor makes up 90% of the weight. I have atomic apx 18's i'm bumpin right now that have 3" coils. I'm curious how this RF motor will stack up against my atomic motors with the RF being heavier, more ferrite and uses a larger coil....
There is a listing on a Facebook classifieds group for three up for sale. If you want, pm me and I will get you added to the group

so they did the same thing Pioneer did with a big sub,so the t2 power has a 4" coil?? interesting,didnt know that,i have a buddy that has 7 of these,4 are blown ill see if he wants to get rid of them

so they did the same thing Pioneer did with a big sub,so the t2 power has a 4" coil?? interesting,didnt know that,i have a buddy that has 7 of these,4 are blown ill see if he wants to get rid of them
thank the lawd!! that would make this quest easier..i gotta have 3 is all and pls pm me a price he's thinkin on em shipped to 31904...thx spl

ok when he gets back to me ill let you know
thanks man..i got a little $ funded for this project so if his prices are affordable for me i'll get 3 of em. i wanted to use TI baskets but those are too expensive in my taste just to run bigger spiders. i still don't understand how this T2 motor uses a bigger coil, has more ferrite and heavier than my atomics, but RF only rated it for 1200rms and my atomics are 3k..is it cuz the atomics have a thicker top plate?

thanks man..i got a little $ funded for this project so if his prices are affordable for me i'll get 3 of em. i wanted to use TI baskets but those are too expensive in my taste just to run bigger spiders. i still don't understand how this T2 motor uses a bigger coil, has more ferrite and heavier than my atomics, but RF only rated it for 1200rms and my atomics are 3k..is it cuz the atomics have a thicker top plate?
that and its a better motor,and the soft parts are better

hey man he finally got back to me,he said he has called RF and they are sending him recones for them,so i guess he isnt selling them now,sorry man didnt mean to waste your time.just last week he was wanting me to get rid of them for him lol i guess things change

hey man he finally got back to me,he said he has called RF and they are sending him recones for them,so i guess he isnt selling them now,sorry man didnt mean to waste your time.just last week he was wanting me to get rid of them for him lol i guess things change
it's not over yet man, people change their minds on builds..no waste of time, i still got a few leads. thanks for letting me know and pls keep me in the loop if he changes his mind, even if he just sells me 1 it get's me closer to being complete

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.