Easiest and cheapest way to set gains?

I set by ear, if you have good ears you can hear the distortion, i dont care what these spoiled ***** tell you. I set my stuff by ear and have yet to burn a set of coils i wasnt going to burn on purpose anyway:D

I set by ear, if you have good ears you can hear the distortion, i dont care what these spoiled ***** tell you. I set my stuff by ear and have yet to burn a set of coils i wasnt going to burn on purpose anyway:D
yeah i can by ear but i wanted to do more accurately

I always set using a dmm. Its quick and easy way to set my gains to match the rms ratings of my speakers. I do add some fine tuning by ear.

When it comes to subs I tend to like to find the max point I can push them. That takes alot of testing by ear. I have yet to smoke a coil on a sub. And I love to beat the living shit out of my subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Not sure what these Skull Candy Sensory Bass Evos can burp SPL style? Through wouldn't it take the win of cheapest possible Bass? It's like...
Time alignment is used to delay every speaker closer than the furthest to have the sound hit the listeners ears at exactly the right time. If this...
You can get close with tones, but music signal is all OVER the place in both frequencies and voltages. Like, if you listen to rap, the bass line...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
Send me all the items. Once I receive them, I will verify everything in your classifieds. If someone buys them, I will ship out. You would just...

About this thread

Agoonygoblin

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Agoonygoblin
Columbia, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date