audiopipe customer service and warranty review

10+ year member

mpls
i like to try and do "bang for the buck" type stuff sometimes, ok most the time, so when i stumbled onto audiopipes mini class d amps (always avoided class D before) i was impressed by what i read so i got a ASPM1300 ive ran a couple subs with it, never really seen what it can do at 1ohm yet ran a friends orion xtr hard with it and it never even gets warm but his sub did but anyways.. the fan started making horrible noise shortly after it was new, not always but often. seems to always be working. packs some punch for its size. and i like the looks of it, looks heavy duty not fancy. no chrome badges stuck on plastic logos or stupid names.

few months back i picked up a audiopipe 10 "600watt" sub for like $41 shipped new. thing "looks" well made and sounded pretty good for the money considering it wAs in a like .79cu? sealed box i made for a 8" and cut the hole bigger. according to my friend, it was my fault for putting it in a too small of box and hooking up my "crazy little amp" to it. hes probly right. dont think i ever turned the gain past half, no bass boost, think when it blew the bass was at -6 on my kenwood deck with 4v preouts

now the sub is going into the trash, because audiopipe doesnt even cover return shipping when you send somthing in under warranty. would cost me $30+ for shiping to florida and back for a $41 sub. cool. too bad i was just going to build a better box for it. obviously if this was a $200 sub i wouldnt be making a big deal out of this but usually a company will at least cover shipping somthing back to you..

they did tell me they would send a new fan for my amp when i told them about it but im sure i can get one of those cheap (probably of better quality) its just some small 12v computer type fan.

throwing a fairly new speaker away thats still under warranty = feels bad man

There is a reason that sub cost $41. Its a throw away. Why would you even try to warranty that? You would save time and money just buying a new one in the first place.

probly could of gone with my original idea of just writing " audiopipe *****, they dont even pay return shipping " but im bored at work so

usually when i've warrntied things in the past they will send a shipping label out or at least pay return shipping

dont get me wrong, im not confused or mad that my 40$ sub blew.

probly could of gone with my original idea of just writing " audiopipe *****, they dont even pay return shipping " but im bored at work so
usually when i've warrntied things in the past they will send a shipping label out or at least pay return shipping
Why would they pay $20 of return shipping + parts, labor, and time for a $40 sub? Sounds like a losing business proposition to me.

dont get me wrong, im not confused or mad that my 40$ sub blew.
yeah man just remember theres a reason why the prices on sundown dc etc are priced higher

if i could of just shipped it back for $12 or somthing and they already said they would just replace it with a new one, then i would have a new sub for $12 and i would build a better box out of scrap mdf layin around when i was bored, and not have to buy a new sub. but when they told me i had to include a return shipping label or call and set it up and get charged for it, i decided to write about it on the internet after slam dunking it in the dumpster

just for the fact maybe they troll these forums and will see people complaining

either way, im at work. so in my head i just made money to complain about it

It literally is not worth it for them to take it in. If you amp blew, they most likely would. This is the benefit of buying very cheap stuff from a shop. The shop will take the sub in and give you a new one for the price of "shipping" (15-20 bucks) and just hand you a new one on the spot. Then they send the serial # to the manufacturer and the manufacturer adds another in their next shipment. The manufacturer doesn't even want the product back. It is simply not worth anything. Go to the online store that you bought it from and see if they have a 90 day or 1yr warranty that does the same.

yeah, i know how it works. unfortuneatly, i dont think there is even a audiopipe dealer in my state, they seem to be kinda scattered all over the east coast mostly if i remember

The south seems to have a few as well. Regardless, you can't be that mad at them. You took a product that costs more to ship than to produce, then overpowered it and blew it, then expect them to ship you a free one on their dime. The warranties usually cover defects, not abuse, and without a certified professional installing them, they can't prove that you didn't abuse it (and I know that certifications can mean nothing whatsoever). You're lucky that they offered you a free one really.

Without a dealer in your area, the only thing I could suggest is to ask them if you can give them a serial number as a shop would, then just pay the shipping on a new sub. Worth a shot if you haven't tried that already.

You took a product that costs more to ship than to produce, then overpowered it and blew it, then expect them to ship you a free one on their dime. The warranties usually cover defects, not abuse, and without a certified professional installing them....... You're lucky that they offered you a free one really.
This. User error blows up cheap sub, but the company is bad for not paying his return shipping.

OP, try the same thing with an entry level JL sub (that do DON'T buy from a local shop) and see what they offer you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

10+ year member
mpls
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from