Type R or Type S subs?

Get one 2012 type r Dual 4 ohm. You'll be happy.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I got a pair for sale. 12's tho.

Its just i know the rs are power hungry.. And my amp could meet the peak rms for the s but its kinda far from meeting that of the r..
Can you explain a bit more your train of thought in the comparison between the type R and type S? I feel like you've got some things confused concerning what you should be pushing to your subs...The peak wattage rating is nothing more than an advertising ploy.

If you got "only" 1000watts, I think it makes sense to have two Type-S (the new model with 500watts RMS power). This seems like a perfect match for the power you have. The Type-R subs handly 1000watts and have lower sensitivity. The S also also cheaper. They use underhung voice coil which should also give better SQ. These should get louder on limited power you have compared to two Rs (the 2012) or one R.

If you got "only" 1000watts, I think it makes sense to have two Type-S (the new model with 500watts RMS power). This seems like a perfect match for the power you have. The Type-R subs handly 1000watts and have lower sensitivity. The S also also cheaper. They use underhung voice coil which should also give better SQ. These should get louder on limited power you have compared to two Rs (the 2012) or one R.
wrong. the 2 type r's on same power will get louder

wrong. the 2 type r's on same power will get louder
Why wrong? Alpine provides sensitivity estimate for SWR-10D4: 82.1 dB at 1 watt. SWS-10D4 is at 85.5 dB. WinISD has it's own way to estimate sensitivity from T/S paramemters, and it's number lies pretty close to the SWS spec. On 1000watts, two SWS almost certainly will be louder than two SWRs and have better SQ to boot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.