Old shcool JL 8W6's

Participant count
  • Participant list

thevic24
5,000+ posts

my silence is deadly...
I just acquired a triplet of OS JL 8w6's for next to nothing....

Any of you have any experience with them??....as far as what they may like power/box wise?

I am thinking 2.1cuft ported with 17" of port tuned in the area of 35ish.....

Thoughts?

Mmm. OS w6s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif
Yes...

8w6a.jpg

8w6b.jpg

I can pull the DD3512 out and "live" with these for a while.....

Crappy sell phone pics...

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Need to sell me 2 of them.....
That would be an odd load for an amp...

with the 3 you can have 1 or 4 ohms....

Yes...
8w6a.jpg

8w6b.jpg

I can pull the DD3512 out and "live" with these for a while.....

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

That would be an odd load for an amp...

with the 3 you can have 1 or 4 ohms....
I'll give u my right buttcheek for em....

I'll give u my right buttcheek for em....
Funny thing was, the guy I got them from told me they were W3's....

When I got there to look and listen, I put the DMM on them and had the 4 ohm load.....

I got to thinking that a d6 W3 was really rare....well when I got home and pulled them from the box...

Well I had an instant stiffy....

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Ah, yes, they are a 96 model....

Are those spaghettio's??? I FUQQIN LOVE SPAGHETTIO'S
Nice subs btw. I'm betting the w6s will sound a good bit better than the DD
Hell ya spaghettios.....I have about 4 months worth of food in this room.....

As far as SQ goes ya they should do much better......but that is it....

In the application I had the 3512 in, it was a monster...

Hell ya spaghettios.....I have about 4 months worth of food in this room.....

As far as SQ goes ya they should do much better......but that is it....

In the application I had the 3512 in, it was a monster...
I believe you are right good sir. The w6s never have been all that loud. Me being an SQ guy, they did just fine for me. But, if I were looking to get loud I doubt I'd even look their way....but, if you got em for a steal, why not?

I believe you are right good sir. The w6s never have been all that loud. Me being an SQ guy, they did just fine for me. But, if I were looking to get loud I doubt I'd even look their way....but, if you got em for a steal, why not?
This is my plan....I am getting older.....have made my point with my "crowd" about getting loud and now its time to gain some space back.....

I have less then $125 in the 3 of them so.....

That and I do have a soft spot in me for the older JL gear....

This is my plan....I am getting older.....have made my point with my "crowd" about getting loud and now its time to gain some space back.....

I have less then $125 in the 3 of them so.....

That and I do have a soft spot in me for the older JL gear....
I can't remember a box that my old w6s didn't like...if the 8s are like the 12s, I think you've struck gold bro.

I can't remember a box that my old w6s didn't like...if the 8s are like the 12s, I think you've struck gold bro.
Well I do know that the 8's are rather rare as they did not make as many as the other sizes....

We will see. I have stripped down my s10 and am redoing everything. I should have them up and running in a few weeks or so....

Those 8's are nice...I did a ton of sealed stealth installs with them back in the late 90's....
Any ported box recommendations??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.