Will i need another battery

I have a 99 cavalier with a stock alt 160amp (i think) and a new 650cca battery . I know that battery is small but i dont have much room under the hood . Ok so i did the big 3 and some (4awg from battery to starter , alt , fuse block under hood & grounds from battery to block and frame ) As far as the trunk i have 4awg ran and i just got two fosgate r500-1d amps and two fosgate p2d4 15". (One amp to each sub wired at 2ohm around 560watts each) I havent hooked this up yet due to the fact that i work 7 days a week . But im wondering if i will need another battery and if so what would i need. Im sure my lights will dim as they did with a directed d1200 and one 15" wiredat 1ohm. Suggestions welcomed

i mean to be safe for the equipment(the amps) i would probly put a extra battery in the trunk. it seems with everyone else that runs/likes RF always says "make sure you have a good electrical system". i would grab a kinetic hc1200 or 1400 battery to go in back and let it ride lol

Get the exact same yellow top in your trunk as you have for your starter. Its best not to mix batt types/sizes.

Most people think the batt under the hood is for starting and the batt in the trunk is for the stereo.

But if you don't have an isolator then really both batts act like one large batt and can actually damage each other and shorten the life. (similar to what happens to small batteries when you leave them in electronics and they start leaking acid)

I'm pretty certain you don't have 160 amps as a stock alternator. My Denali has a 160 amp stock alternator which I question and there are a lot more electronics in my truck then your car. I would double check your stock alternator. 105 amps sounds more like it.

Well i got the xs power xp 950 battery just in case . I think im going to end up getting a optima for under the hood . As far as the alt i havent even looked into its amps i just estimated it at 160amps . Ill have it all ready to go by next sunday so ill check back in after then .

Cool stuff i say get/i'd get matching batteries or such that are said to be ok when used with other or other select batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.