Need a new HU.

iHusk
10+ year member

rGetting a new car and that means new audio. Right now I'm sitting with a two year old JVC that I'm not a huge fan of. It works fine but lookin for a change. Single DIN, might be able to make a double DIN work but don't really want to jimmy rig that in. Will be hooked up to a 15" Type-R, and a component system that handles about 60 W RMS in each speaker if you need to know any of that. Price range is pretty much anything under 250.

Haha alright, let me get some input from some other people about Soundstream headunits and maybe some other suggestions from other people and I will let you know

Ah I see. I've heard good things about Pioneer and Kenwood. Is there anything that would push out enough wattage to power my components well as I really don't want to wire another amp up now that I think about it. That's a lot of work haha.

I recently bought a used cda117 and LOVE it. It has everything you need and usb is in the back which i wanted.

Ive heard the new Pioneer head units are nice but i didnt want to spend 3-400 on a new head unit.

the cda 117 is discontinued if you can find a new one it will be 300 easy,the place i get them from had 2 left and i got one of them.also i was told that alpine isnt going to be making this type of high end deck anymore

I might just keep my old JVC one and use the money for my HU to go towards a 4 channel amp.Wiring in a 2nd amp could be difficult for me to do tho, annd Ive never amped components before. Only Subs, So I've never had experience with crossovers and all that jazz that comes with it.

Panasonic made a nice HU with a 50 watt RMS x4 output. I think they are the only ones that did this. Most all others brands of hu's are about 14~22 RMS.

I might just keep my old JVC one and use the money for my HU to go towards a 4 channel amp.Wiring in a 2nd amp could be difficult for me to do tho, annd Ive never amped components before. Only Subs, So I've never had experience with crossovers and all that jazz that comes with it.

the cda 117 is discontinued if you can find a new one it will be 300 easy,the place i get them from had 2 left and i got one of them.also i was told that alpine isnt going to be making this type of high end deck anymore
Are they going to be making any higher end headunits anymore?

If you can wire up a sub amp and woofers, then no reason not to be able to hook a highs amp. It is really cake!

I recommend the deck I got, which is a Pioneer 9400BH, which I spent 195 smacks on off Amazon. Not sure if mylows could do better, but ask. Awesome deck, 3 4volt pre-outs, USBx2 in the back, streams wirelessly off your phone, if your phone supports it and is BT and HD built into it already. Also can light up various colors.

Don't think you can go wrong with it.

i was told that they will have some better decks ,but most will be dvd units ,no more decks like the 9887 or cda 117
Thats dumb. As soon as Pioneer steps back into the game with high end SQ HUs, Alpine backs out.

I've always been a fan of Pioneer HUs over Alpine anyway but I still think that's dumb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.