Clarion CD player - buttons no longer respond ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

czechone

Sydney
All of a sudden all the buttons except for the Power and Eject have ceased functioning on my car CD player.

It still turns on/off and plays/ejects CD's but I can't adjust any volume, change tracks, menu options etc. - all these and other buttons do nothing.

Is it time for new deck or would be there be some easy things to check myself that might be causing it ? It's as if one thing has died to cause all these buttons to simultaneously fail.

It's a Clarion, had it for a couple years.

Thanks.

Thanks man but tried the reset already ... it reset all my eq settings etc. as expected but buttons still inactive ?

I've cleaned the contacts too ie. where the faceplate and HU meet.

Should I take the faceplate apart and look for something amiss in there (not that I know what I'm looking for really?) ?

Thanks man but tried the reset already ... it reset all my eq settings etc. as expected but buttons still inactive ?
I've cleaned the contacts too ie. where the faceplate and HU meet.

Should I take the faceplate apart and look for something amiss in there (not that I know what I'm looking for really?) ?
If you feel comfortable with your ability then I would definitly try that next......

Not confident but well yeah will be the next step ... hopefully can see a broken wire or something fallen out of place - or something like that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

What model of Clarion is it? Can you get a photo of the face place and the panel behind it and the deck with out the face place on it?

What model of Clarion is it? Can you get a photo of the face place and the panel behind it and the deck with out the face place on it?
It's a Clarion DXZ676USB.

Clarion DXZ676USB Car Radio - Buy / by Manufacturer / Stereo Car Radios / Stereo Car Radios

These links here show the faceplate back and also the connector thing on the head unit that it clicks into :

¶Ç±øÄ«¿Àµð¿À > ÇìµåÀ¯´Ö > Clarion DXZ 676USB

WTS : clarion 576usb

All that works at the moment is the "SRC" button and the eject button next to it.

Ok take the face off, you will see a rubber stop on the back of the face plate in the middle area it is small like less then an inch long, Rip it off, Plug the face back on the deck and try it and profit.

Ok take the face off, you will see a rubber stop on the back of the face plate in the middle area it is small like less then an inch long, Rip it off, Plug the face back on the deck and try it and profit.
Ahhh I get it, I assume the rubber stop is holding back the connectors from locking in properly or something like that ?

Thanks will try it a bit later today and let you know.

Yes, over time that rubber stop swells up and pushes the face out so that it doesnt hit the pins right.
Thankfully all good now.

I didn't even need to go the rubber route, before I even saw your advice I'd already taken the faceplate apart to look for anything weird - all looked intact to me but just gave the plug thing another quick clean. Put it back together and for the hell of it thought I'd give it another try - and it works now.

Will definitely keep the rubber thing in mind for next time, makes sense that it won't hold as firmly over time due to the rubber bit..

Appreciate the help, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.