hifonics hfi1000.1d question

Participant count
  • Participant list
tbh if youre gonna use an sq oriented sub like the w7 i would at least use some sort of SQ type amp. i would bump it up to the brz 1200 as a minimum, the hfi line is meh

the brx1200 actually has a lower rms at 4 ohms the the hfi1000. so why would that be a better amp. I amp looking at the two trying to figure out which would be best and i keep seeing the hfi with better rms, more adjustability, and a better price. so would the w7 still hit hard as hell with the hfi hooked up to it.

To reply to the guy about the box. It is in a makshift *** box right now but i am in the process of getting one that is made to jl specs for the sub.

First the published 4 ohm specs on the Hifi 1000d are overrated , the BRZ line are more accrute and overall a much better amplifier than the hifi line, but you are running a single 3 ohm W7 correct ?

Try a 2 ohm mono instead like Kicker ZX line or a Clarion XH7510 would be nice as well, or a HQ 2 channel that will bridge below 4 ohm, like a DD C3b or C6b

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.