Participant count
  • Participant list

SubNoize05
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Item(s) for Sale:

Memphis Mojo MCD2500.1 Mono Block amp

Item(s) Description/Condition:

AMp is in great physical condition and looks great. has 1 tiny scratch on face of amp but not noticeable unless close. Amp powers up great but HAS NO SOUND OUTPUT! Not 100% sure what is the real problem but I was thinkn the outputs are fried although opened up I havent been able to find any burnt traces. And dont really have the time to be going through this amp so ive decided to sell. Other then that amp works and looks great!

Price:

Am Asking $250 - Shipped!

Memphis quoted me $200 to replace entire board so @ my price you can have practically a brand new Memphis 2500 for around $450 Other then that im sure u can have a local shop or electronic repair fix it for under that price!

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Hard to tell, looks like a small burn mark in bottom right of 2nd pic, possibly kinda what you thought with the RCA's being fried, I'm no board technician but seems like that'd be a cheap fix

Diagnosis= Amp has output UNTIL sub is hooked up! then output grounds to o.o6 vAC I figure it has a burnt ground trace between the 2 ground points that arent reading on the board but do not know how or want to risk breaking the circuit board trying to get it out. I guess im going to send into memphis and just have it fully replaced that way I know it is fixed properly and correctly! Unless sum1 wants to pick it up before i send in...

Havn't really delt with anyone personally when it comes to amp repair, was gonna say to make a post in the amp section but saw you already did

I'd search memphis 2500 or 4000, i know some people have sold rebuilt ones that pushed more power and were more solid, i'd message them and ask who they got theirs rebuilt from.

Let me know who you get yours rebuilt by, i have the same amp, hopefully i never need to rebuild it but just in case it'd be nice to know someone who does a good job

Im going to be sending it off 2 Amp Medics. I found them on here and called the guy. He seems to be very knowledgeable on this amp and was able to atleast quote me a price cheaper then the memphis repair. So im going to be sending it off 2 him and ill get back to you on how the work turns out

I'd search memphis 2500 or 4000, i know some people have sold rebuilt ones that pushed more power and were more solid, i'd message them and ask who they got theirs rebuilt from.
It would be possible to maybe put some more rugged mosfets into the amp which could make it more reliable but there really isn't a way to make the amp produce more power short of rewinding/upgrading the transformers which isn't really feasible . Rail voltage is going to remain the same regardless of what mosfets you put into the amp . Some class D amps are very picky about what fets are used in the output section though. There may be a more rugged part available but the amps drive circuit may not agree with it. Some combinations simply won't work. Sometimes even new versions of the original fet will not work as replacements.

It would be possible to maybe put some more rugged mosfets into the amp which could make it more reliable but there really isn't a way to make the amp produce more power short of rewinding/upgrading the transformers which isn't really feasible . Rail voltage is going to remain the same regardless of what mosfets you put into the amp . Some class D amps are very picky about what fets are used in the output section though. There may be a more rugged part available but the amps drive circuit may not agree with it. Some combinations simply won't work. Sometimes even new versions of the original fet will not work as replacements.

Thanks for the input, ya I know usually the power increase wasnt much at all more that I've just heard they can be more rugged/durable so heat/voltage drops wont hurt them as much, maybe I'm just crazy though

I wanna learn to work on amps lol, been thinking of buying some cheap blown amps, seems like a lot of the jobs are fairly simple

what size power and ground wire does the amp take?

[i may be getting one in a couple days, and trying to plan out what wire i'll need]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.