Help deciding on which 6.5 component to use

mbss
10+ year member

I am building a new system and would like to know some opinions on the two component sets I have narrowed down to. I listen to mostly heavy metal and hard rock, but also listened to other genres as well. I need the set to have a punchy, quick, and articulate midbass response that is powerful. Moreover, I would prefer the highs to not be ear piercing but detailed. The two sets I am considering are:

Image dynamics CTX65cs

DLS RM6.2

I was also considering the ID CXS62 chameleons, but they are a little out of my price range. I do not have a DLS dealer anywhere nearby so anyone with experience please present your opinions.

Thank you.

-Side note: I am also considering the Phoenix Gold Rsd65cs

I read through all the responses....thank you. I would still appreciate an opinion on the DLS performance as compared to the Image Dynamics set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.