Amp wired to .01 *WTF!?*

Ok... where did you get the 1.4 number from? And you dont divide the ohm load by itself lol. If you have d2 coil in a sub, you wire to 1 ohm or 4 ohm. With 2 dvc, you can wire to .5 ohm or 2 ohm. Basically cuts itself in half or doubles depending on how you wire them.

Edit: It actually sounds like you know how impedance works.. i think Sic is right and the settings on your dmm aren't right. Doesn't make any sense.

dc resistance does not equal ac impedence. Your meter measure dc resistances. Argue until you're blue in the face but you'll still be wrong no matter what you say lol. This is me helping. You asked and this is your answer. Flame on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I recommend wiring to the 2 ohm load on the amp you stated you have, or you can wire to an 8 ohm load for amp stability. You can wire one sub to...
Thanks for all the advice. Ultimately, I was able to get them to honor the warranty contract. It took a lot of back and forth and I received...
Never said they were. Commentary was more to being able to purchase one or the other or 40% off and take a 90 day warranty... which I would in a...
Lowering the impedance will also lower the speakers motor control, or damping, in physics no free lunch exists. It’s all give and take.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLC9M48/?tag=caraudiocom-20

About this thread

Mr.SoloDolo

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Mr.SoloDolo
Marin County, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views