NTE Brand transistors any good???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I need to replace the output stage transistors on a old sony 5540F amp i have , right now its running a set out of a alpine 3527S , but those are rated for less power. Before i install this amp in my daily driver i want the correct parts in it. the only thing is..........the original parts are no longer made.

Original parts are NEC 2sa1232 / 2sc3012

i used a cross reference table on parts express and came up with these parts

NTE 36 NPN transistor and 37 PNP transistor.

has anybody used this brand for a repair before? Are they anywhere near the quality of the originals?

no i havent. i will get on that now. they make good quality parts?
Found in many of the most coveted amplifiers (and some SONY amps, too). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i found a set on fairchild's site. but the thing i'm worried about is this

Current Gain Bandwidth Product VCE=5V, IC=1A 30 MHz.

the spec for the originals was 60 mhz. will that make a huge difference? all the other specs are very close to the originals

i found a set on fairchild's site. but the thing i'm worried about is this
Current Gain Bandwidth Product VCE=5V' date=' IC=1A 30 MHz.

the spec for the originals was 60 mhz. will that make a huge difference? all the other specs are very close to the originals[/quote']Not sure, but I would think so.

all the other ones i have found have had a 15 mhz rating. LOL. so i'm getting closer to the original. LOL. i don't wanna fake the funk. I wish i could find another amp that was blown somewhere besides the section i'm pulling from. Steve from ampmedics told me this would be a hard to find situation. he said lots of parts inside that amp are no longer made. :[

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.