Sign in to follow this  
EmoneyRI

Question about 6x5's for my Acura TL

Hey all, I'm looking to get some quality 6.5's for my TL, right now my stock speakers are component 6.5 in the front with a 3" center speaker and a stock 8" sub in the back. The sub rattles and the 3" speaker i'm not sure makes much of a difference

That being said, I'm looking to get 4 6.5" speakers, 2 component for the front and coax for the back, looking for something nice under $400-500 preferably for all 4.

Since I am a bit new to this, I was wondering if anyone might have some input on what to get, right now i'm currently thinking about going with Memphis

The amp i'm looking to go with is my old Kenwood KAC-8402

I also just found my old Infinity Kappa's in the basement :suicide:

Any help would be awesome!

Edited by EmoneyRI

Also I forgot to add that I am not using an aftermarket deck

stay away from kenwood amps,theres alot better amps out there,

what year tl so we can look up the mounting depth?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only reason I was going with kenwood is because I already have it and i'm not looking to spend a ton of money. If the right deal came along and I didn't have to spend a lot to replace it with a better one I would love to though

I have an 05 TL

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ballinizme
      Any info on this brand would be so helpful. I can't find a manufacturer website... I was planning on gettin the GA600.4 Amp and I already own a set of 6.5 Components from them but no specs on the box or manual. Any help would be great.
    • By musicislife
      My price range is around $150. Let's see what you've got.
    • By Carnivorous18
      I've heard many good things about the id ctx65cs. I went to a local shop today and heard them on a sound wall, they didn't have the midbass I was looking for. But i can't help but wonder if I'll see the midbass I'm looking once they're in the car.
      Then I heard the Focal access a1 6.5's and it seemed to have a fuller sound with midbass, but I found out they're only 60watts rms

PROBLEM: I'll be running these components with two 12" DC xl's on 3k watts. Will the focals keep up with only 60watts? Or should I go with the ctx's since they have more midbass than I'm seeing on the sound wall? I wana buy these today before xmas hits
    • By s94658
      I saw these mmats component speakers and couldnt find much info on them.

PRO 6.5 - Mmats 6.5" Component Speakers

Anyone have experience or opinions on them? Please share...
    • By Jdubs04ss
      Item(s) for Sale: Memphis M Class 6.5" Component Speakers (15-MCSQ6.5)

Item(s) Description/Condition: Used for 1 year. All Cones,surround and everything are in great condition. Only flaw is there is 1 small hairline crack on the back side of one of the speakers on the plastic magnet cover. Its only the cover and is hardly visible. Comes with TWO 6.5" Midbass Drivers, TWO 1" Silk Dome Tweeters & TWO Crossovers. No Box or screws, everything else is included

Price: Starting off asking $175 SHIPPED O.B.O and open to trades. Haven't decided if I want to put them in my car and keep all Memphis or sell them because I need the money. All offers and trades will be considered

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: $175 obo SHIPPED, Shipping included in price....Here's some specs on the components--6.5" Diameter 50watts RMS / 100watts MAX , 4 ohm Impedence, 40hz-20khz Freq. Response, 88db Sensitivity, 2.6" Mounting Depth

Item Pictures:

Here's the crack I was talking about on the plastic covering, Not bad at all

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).