Alpine coaxial problem...?

sx4dude2013
10+ year member

I got 6 1/2 Alpines in my doors and my passenger front speaker sounds like something inside it is "rattleing". Is it blown? How do i kno what it is??? I got a replacement plan so its not a big deal but im driving 8 hrs on friday and dont want to deal wit crappy sound?....ANY IDEAS??

AND IS IT OK TO PLAY THE SPEAKERS @ VOL LEVEL OF ABOUT 33/40?!?!!?

Yes.

Because it is rattling.

Replace them before your trip, or you may only be listening to 1 side.

No.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It's not too difficult. Are they hooked up to an amp, or HU for power? If amp, you can easily swap the L & R at the amp -- to make sure it's the speaker.

Check your door pocket. I thought one of my coaxs was blown (Boston RM6) and I found out that one lower midbass stuff it was vibrating my ice scraper in the pocket at the base of my door and for me, since I've never blown a speaker, I could have sworn it was blown until I figured it out.

Fade everything to the front, then sweep left to right with the balance and see if one speaker sounds different than the other, if so then you have problems.

yes. the power is comming from the HU. IThebass is all the way down (my sub handels that). The speakers are clear and dont distort. Later on in the day it sounded ok? idk, mabey im just parinoied...and im gonna get a 4 channel amp soon..i hope. lol

and nothing in in the door. i hate clutter in my car...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.