Someone broke into my car and I have an alarm... Please help with suggestions!!!

stikystikyricky
10+ year member

Last week I got an audiovox full alarm with remote start and 2-way pager. APS-920a. I added on a back up battery. Last night I was inside a restaurant eating and my 2008 tundra was parked right outside the front door. Come outside and my effing window is smashed, my cell phone is gone, radar detector gone, glass everywhere, scratches on my dash from the glass, and a huge scratch in my door. And what pisses me off is that my effing alarm didnt go off!!! They just broke the window, reached in and grabbed my stuff and left...

Should I add on a glass break sensor?? 506t I believe it is.. I have tinted windows, 5% all the way around. From what the installers told me, there is no point getting it with tinted windows because it doesnt work as well. the tint holds the glass together like a big piece of tape?

Next option instead of glass sensor I was thinking would be a proximity sensor. However installers told me with my tint once again the proximity sensor would almost be useless...

How can I fix this problem?? I just paid $500 to repair and re-tint my window. Lost my ipod and a bunch of stuff.. Last thing I want is this to happen again. Specially when I can prevent it because Im 50 feet away. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif FML!!

make sure the installers dont have a new ipod and cell phone... happens a lot more often then you would think. When ever i take my car somewhere to be worked on i make sure there is no paper work in it that gives any idea of where i may live. however on my truck with my alarm if somone touches the door with anything more then a tap my alarm goes off.

make sure the installers dont have a new ipod and cell phone... happens a lot more often then you would think. When ever i take my car somewhere to be worked on i make sure there is no paper work in it that gives any idea of where i may live. however on my truck with my alarm if somone touches the door with anything more then a tap my alarm goes off.
I used to get so annoyed hearing this when I was an installer. I and other installers were accused of this so many times it was not even funny. I never knew an installer that pulled this stuff and I certainly never did. When you have your **** loud in public or have valuables in plain site yo increase your likelihood of a break-in. Window tint actually attracts more thieves than it deters. I'm not saying that no installer has stolen or had it done but it seems an instant accusation after a break-in.

make sure the installers dont have a new ipod and cell phone... happens a lot more often then you would think. When ever i take my car somewhere to be worked on i make sure there is no paper work in it that gives any idea of where i may live.
It sounds paranoid but it has happened.

The installer didnt really lie about the tint acting as a tape. Tinted windows when broke will act as a "tape" and hold everything together. Although, I would think a proximity sensor of some type would work just fine!?!?

I used to get so annoyed hearing this when I was an installer. I and other installers were accused of this so many times it was not even funny. I never knew an installer that pulled this stuff and I certainly never did. When you have your **** loud in public or have valuables in plain site yo increase your likelihood of a break-in. Window tint actually attracts more thieves than it deters. I'm not saying that no installer has stolen or had it done but it seems an instant accusation after a break-in.
i usually dont say it but the op said itd been a week since it was installed so it was the first thought i had. If it was a respectable shop then i would agree with u that its very doubtful itd be an installer.

I have 5% all the way around and 35% on my windshield and the proxmity works fine I have mine turned all the way down actually and it still does the warning beep when you are like 5ft away from it on the sides. With the windows down it reaches out about 7ft with it being turned down all the way on the warning. I have it set where you have to be about 1ft for the alarm to actually set off

lol@ alarm brands. Install and monitoring are the things that matter. DEI does make a hell of a prox sensor, other than that meh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.