Painted my rotors and calipers today; came out pretty good- PICS inside

JarvisB
10+ year member

JarvisB
MI/DC
I painted my rotors black and calipers silver..

I had 4 coats on the rotors and 3 coats on the calipers.. they came out nicely..

I like how my calipers look thru the rims a lot better than before..

PICS:

My dumbass forgot to take a before pic so I took a pic of my rear caliper before I painted it to give you an idea of what the fronts looked like..

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680-1.jpg

I like how it looks a lot.. I know maybe the paint is not going to stay on them for long (not complaining if they are going to stay on them for long time) but I definitely will be looking for a brand new set of calipers and have them powdercoated..

(rear calipers and rotors are not pictured but I painted them as well.)

Also I ll take some better pics tomorrow with the expo in the pic so you all can see how it looks all together..

yeah it would come off even if I painted the whole thing.

But I am not that stupid.. I know you all wish that I am that stupid lol

I don't see it being too good for the brakepad stripping off all that paint though :p
yeah that wont be good at all, thats why i taped it up

man they look good. let me know how it all works out for ya
thanks

wow that looks really good! it's just as good as buying better brakes and rotors. really. werd to your autozone needs.
yeah, but I am pondering over the idea of buying a new set of calipers and have a guy powdercoat them silver so they would be 100x better and should last forever

x2 on the expecting a funny thread
OP is a killjoy

j/k not too bad.
:p

I used wire brush to brush the hell out of those rotors and calipers.. and then I cleaned them twice with brake cleaner.. I also used an old piece of cloth to wipe any residue off

lastly, I used duplicolor caliper spray paint.

Should have used a high temp engine paint. I used Duplicolor for my first time and it came off in 3 months. I then switched to engine paint and I havent had to repaint in 3 years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JarvisB

10+ year member
JarvisB
JarvisB
MI/DC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date