??? port area

lol.... that number is way off, I think you are getting port volume. Port area it the face of the port which is only two dimensions...so if your port is 2 inches by 13 inches at the opening then your port area is 26 squared inches which is about the size of an ok port for a 1.5 cubic foot box (net).

lol.... that number is way off, I think you are getting port volume. Port area it the face of the port which is only two dimensions...so if your port is 2 inches by 13 inches at the opening then your port area is 26 squared inches which is about the size of an ok port for a 1.5 cubic foot box (net).
box is 3.75 cubes the port is 2wide x 13height x 24lenght

your port is way to small for that box And like i said the 24inch comes in to play in a port calc by it self while the other two dimensions are multiplied together to get your port area. Read this web site
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=165
ok well I cant figure out how to get this to fit in my trunk. The port would make this box huge. These dimensions are for a single sub. I am running two. Would anyone care to help design a box to fit in my cavalier? I would consider a sealed box but I want to wait till I have a better amp.

Ported Box T5-12

Min. Vented (ft.3) 2.00

Port (dia. x length) 4x10

Fb (Hz) 37.96

F3 (Hz) 31.76

Opt. Vented (ft.3) 2.50

Port (dia. x length) 4x8

Fb (Hz) 36.16

F3 (Hz) 30.11

Max. Vented (ft.3) 3.00

Port (dia. x length) (2)4x20

Fb (Hz) 34.09

F3 (Hz) 29.29 28.62 28.19

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.