HELP!!! BOSE with a mind of its own....

armcclure

HELP!

I have a 1999 GP GT with the BOSE system and added an amp and 2 subs. I have done several installations and am completely confident in how i did it, but I'm having problems with the bass level.

I wanted to keep the steering wheel controls and all that, so i used an LOC running off the rear 6x9's to provide an RCA jack for the amp.

The problem is that when listing to anything, and i turn the volume down, the overall sound level goes down and then a few seconds later the bass goes back up on its own.

It seems like the BOSE system wants to keep the bass @ a constant level, regardless of the overall volume, and no matter where i put the volume, a few seconds later the bass goes back to that level.

The bass control on the head unit DOES adjust the bass, but its getting quite annoying to have to move the bass slider anytime i adjust the volume.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know whats going on?

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

-----UPDATE----

Yesterday i went to my local install shop and they were just as baffled as i am. By theory, turning the fader to the front cuts signal to the deck speakers, which is where my LOC is connecten, which would turn down my subs. SOMEHOW they STILL play even with the fader forward! At first i thought the bose system was awesome, but now its starting to piss me off. As soon as i have the money, i'm ripping ALL the stock audio out and doing all aftermarket.

I no on higher end cars, the radio will adjust itself to road noise....
mayby something to look in to?
I thought of that, but i don't see that feature anywhere in my owners manual or on the radio.

The confusing part is that if the 6x9's are (faded to front), WHERE in the heck is the LOC getting a signal from???

it seems to much of a headache to try and figure out. id do what you said and rip all the stock stuff out and go with aftermarket stuff.

the loc should have a dial on it or two one for each RCA if they are set to high they will pick up even the smallest signal . So when u lower the volume it increase the signal and when the volume is up it stays the same . I hope this helps

Bose systems have built in processors that turn down bass at higher volumes to avoid blowing out the factory speakers and increase bass at low volumes. A LOC only allows you to hook up your aftermarket stuff. You need a signal processor, such as the MTX RE-Q, RF 3sixty.1 (what I'm running), or JL CleanSweep. The signal runs through the processor and then spits it back out without all of the crappy Bose leveling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.