Orion XTR200

Participant count
  • Participant list

DaveVT
10+ year member

Like A Boss
VT
Just wondering how good this amp is and what the power ratings are. I have heard its rated 100x2 but it only has 1 set of speaker connectors so I dont know. I also heard it has the ability to put out alot more power. Its an older amp with the red/black marbelized paintjob.

What do you mean it only has one set of speaker terminals? It has a harness on a Molex plug that the speakers and remote wire plug into. It's a low impedance stable amp that will do 400x2 @ 1 ohm. One of the best amps ever made.
Im gonna try to get pics up of it today. Then you will see what I mean. Next to the power plug there is only one set of speaker terminals. At least I would guess thats what they are. I have no idea man. I have never used one of these amps. Like I put in the last thread I was sure what was what on the power harness. I would guess the two black wires were ground, blue was remote, yellow power but I have no idea about the orange.

P1060045.jpg

P1060046.jpg

P1060047.jpg

P1060049.jpg

P1060053.jpg

P1060054.jpg

P1060055.jpg

Orange/yellow are your speaker connections, both positive, 1 for left, 1 for right. The corresponding black wire, with stripe is it's negative.
Theres only 5 wires on the harness man. If those are speaker wires then whats the blue wire and where the hell do I hook power to it?. Is the thing that I thought was the speaker terminal actually for power?. Then maybe the last blue wire is remote or something?.

blue wire is the remote turn on... the power and ground is the big block with the + and - on the right
ahhhh i see. so which is left and right channel for speakers?. is yellow right or left?

plug in the right rca and see which one works... and please dont blow this amp up... it seems like you really dont know what your doing
Ive been in car audio for years but I have NEVER used an amp like this so technically when it comes to this I dont have a **** clue what im doing. Also, I dont have the din inputs or the 3 pin ones so I cant do anything with this anyway.

Can anyone give me specs at different ohm loads and bridged and such?. I cant find em anywhere.

I tried finding an online owner's manual for you, but I am teh fail.

Try starting a thread to find someone else with the same amp and have them photocopy the manual for you.

Nice piece you have there.

I tried finding an online owner's manual for you, but I am teh fail.
Try starting a thread to find someone else with the same amp and have them photocopy the manual for you.

Nice piece you have there.
Ive searched the site and pmd everyone ive seen that seems to know about this amp. Oh and thanks, I was happy to come across this heh. First old school amp Ive owned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.