What equilizer do you use?

I don't have access to an RTA so I don't really know how much good it's actually doing me. I've just used it mostly in the 1k and above region to attenuate my tweeters quite a bit because at higher volumes they would hurt my ears.

It has helped in that sense but as far as actually making everything sound better, "meh."

I don't want something too over the top, something I'll get frustrated trying to tweak. I just want something simple and easy to use. I'm thinking 30 bands might be too many lol.

i hate to ask stupid questions and i am sure some of you guys will think it is

but whats the whole point of a equalizer and what does it do and is it worth it to get, and what do you hook it up up

thanks

What kind of HU are you using?

If you're thinking of buying one consider the Alpine CDA-9887, then buy (or rent through Crutchfield) the KTX-100 Imprint unit with the Audessey automated EQ.

You wouldnt have to worry about getting frustrated as it does all the analyzing and EQ'ing (and sets the crossovers) for you.

Or, if you already have a different HU you might consider the new Alpine PXE-H650 that does the same thing as the KTX-100 but can be used with any type of HU, and from what I understand its even more flexible, with a better EQ, and lets you choose your own crossover points if you want to.

Either can be found on ebay.

EQS746.jpg

it lights up blue around the knobs

$50 at ebay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

.::DuD3::.

10+ year member
EE in training
.::DuD3::.
Chesafreak, Va
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date