Anyone heard the new Ryval comps from PG?

I have read a few things about them. Not worth the time.

We can certainly make alternate recommendations based on your budgte and how much power you have to work with.

I am lookin to throw up to 100w rms @ 4ohm to whatever I get.

I am also thinking about the active route......probably gonna break down and get an active HU

Would the RSD's make a good set to go active with?

I was looking at some Seas tweets and Vifa 7" mids for right about 175 shipped. anything better for what I am doing?

I listen to alot of older Slipknot, Tool, Atreyu, Sevendust.......... Still wanna listen to rap and r&b.

Whachathink?

RSDs are great especially for the money

Some more suggestions for around the same amount and just giving ya something to look at:

Pioneer REVs ($144 on sonic)

MB Quart DSG-216($139 on sonic)

MB Quart PCE-216($189 on sonic, retail for 400 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

Polk MOMO MMC6500($170 on sonic)

I am lookin to throw up to 100w rms @ 4ohm to whatever I get.
I am also thinking about the active route......probably gonna break down and get an active HU

Would the RSD's make a good set to go active with?

I was looking at some Seas tweets and Vifa 7" mids for right about 175 shipped. anything better for what I am doing?

I listen to alot of older Slipknot, Tool, Atreyu, Sevendust.......... Still wanna listen to rap and r&b.

Whachathink?
how can you listen to metal then poison your ears with rap? don't be a follower

I like music, listening to just one genre is not going to make me well rounded.

I really like anything with some truth, realizim, and meaning. I dunno, I just ain't afraid to like what I like.

I grew up listening to country (go figure, right outside nashville, tn) then turned to pop, then r&b, then rap, then older rock, then newer rock, and now I am stuck on metal (Devil Driver is the MAX of how hard I can go). I just got harder and harder over the years.

Anyway, would it make a night and day difference if I went with the setup I was talking about or just go with a passive comp set and run it active?

shoul've read the whole review. seems like he didn't like the peerless after all:crap:

Re: 7" Peerless Exclusives Installed...PIX/Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I basically running the same tweet(ID NX30) with the Dayton Ref,I'm satisfied with this setup for now.I would like to try the CDT M6's one day.When I had the Peerless I just couldn't take the midrang,too in ur face & being in the doors didnt help.

shoul've read the whole review. seems like he didn't like the peerless after all:crap:
Re: 7" Peerless Exclusives Installed...PIX/Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I basically running the same tweet(ID NX30) with the Dayton Ref,I'm satisfied with this setup for now.I would like to try the CDT M6's one day.When I had the Peerless I just couldn't take the midrang,too in ur face & being in the doors didnt help.
I did. But that is ultimately his opinion. Lots of good information for anyone considering them.

I, too, would love to try the M6 or the M6+ some day, but I'm still unsure. Heck, I'm still rocking the Alpine SPX-177R's, and as much as I love them, I wish they were a smidge more aggressive in the midbass dept. Definitely a set that warrants the need for a decent substage.

I did. But that is ultimately his opinion. Lots of good information for anyone considering them.
I, too, would love to try the M6 or the M6+ some day, but I'm still unsure. Heck, I'm still rocking the Alpine SPX-177R's, and as much as I love them, I wish they were a smidge more aggressive in the midbass dept. Definitely a set that warrants the need for a decent substage.
what's up the cdt M6's? i wasn't too happy with es620's- i talked to cdt about it. they recommended the 07's paired up with the es01 tweets. i'd like to hear about what people think of the M6's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.