Anyone have any experience with these speakers? or know what they are worth

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-24899.html

IMG_1245-1.jpg

IMG_1246-1.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

they are from around 1983...but sound awesome. any info would be great

he wants 400 for them...apperently they retailed for close to 2200 in 1983 when he got them lol. but i cant justify paying that much for 24 year old speakers. im also thinking that they didnt cost that much or he got ripped...ive been reading a bunch of archives about this series and in the more current market(06 ish) they sell for as low as 10 bucks and as high as 150 with full refoam/rebuild.

all i know is they are about 6-7 inches deep, 18 or so inches wide and about 3 feet high. i beleive they are series II 3 ways obviously and have a seas 10" woofer. with Audax/Polydax tweaters...or something similar.

anyhow, could i build or buy a better set of speakers for the money? (about 200 ish the max i would pay)

any info even if it is just about how good/bad boston acoustic home speakers are would be sweet

thanks

alright well i made him an offer of 150. im awaiting to see if he accepts....i also just took a listen to my current speakers and realized how much better the boston acoustics sound than my sansuis that i picked up for 5 bucks at a garage sale many years ago lol.

i also plan on getting a nice ht sub/amp to compliment these speakers. itsrealized how nice it is being able to hear the music not just some music faded out by retarted bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.