how to disconnect battery prior to amp install

devinblaine
10+ year member

nyc
it may seem like a dumb question, and to be honest, i did not expect to have trouble with this of all steps in the install, but how do you disconnect the negative (red) terminal of the batterY? i dont see anything that looks like it could come loose, unhook, or be disconnected? i have a 2002 audi a4. thanks

there should be a ring shaped clamp on the negative terminal

you can either loosen the screw on the ring clamp or just pull it off

its probably one of the easiest things in the world

im sure you'll fiqure it out

Sorry but I have to ask... Are you sure that red= neg. terminal? Im not familiar with Audi's so pardon my ignorance if it is.

Question. Is it safe to simply disconnect the positive instead of negative? reason being is my car is funny in how its made. To disconnect the negative I'd have to take my airbox out. turn my wheel to the right. Remove some inner fenderwell panel. unbolt the battery holddown. Slide the battery over. Then and only then can you access the negative battery terminal

Technically electrons do flow from negative to positive. but should it matter? I tend to just pull my power wire fuse when working on my car.

101_0616.jpg

Question. Is it safe to simply disconnect the positive instead of negative? reason being is my car is funny in how its made. To disconnect the negative I'd have to take my airbox out. turn my wheel to the right. Remove some inner fenderwell panel. unbolt the battery holddown. Slide the battery over. Then and only then can you access the negative battery terminal
Technically electrons do flow from negative to positive. but should it matter? I tend to just pull my power wire fuse when working on my car.

101_0616.jpg
Can you dissconnect the other end of the negative cable more easily?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

devinblaine

10+ year member
devinblaine
nyc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from