Zane!

i'm not zane, but i'll agree with his comment and disagree with ur statement. the reason being is because the way the woofers are engineered. its quite obvious that the work the engineers of legacy put in to their woofers is not nearly as carefully thought out as a company such as cerwin vega, in ur case, or kicker, jl, rockford, eclipse, etc etc. there are a lot of things to take in to consideration when you look into a sub besides power handling (which legacy exaggerates about). thd and sensitivity are a few to name. zanes comment is pretty much stating that it's all personal preference, and if u let someone hear a stroker, L7, w6, hx2, or eclipse titanium woofer, they would definetly choose the latter woofers.

Originally posted by Audiomaster u know how u say "there is no best subwoofer, it just depends on peoples opinions", so ur saying if i took a 15 inch Legacy and a 15 inch stroker, you couldnt tell me which is "the best subwoofer of the 2?
Are you trying to start an argument?

I agree with the person above me. Winning an argument against Zane is like doing the 4 minute mile!!! There are no best speakers however there are speakers that are better than others. Companies like Pyramid, MA audio, and other brands you can find for under 50 dollars at your local flea market obviously cannot compare with the brands that have more experience, are more expensive, and take pride in their products. However, when you get to the level of high quality good speakers such as Kicker, DD, Infinity, Eclipse, and so on that is where there really is no best speaker. Some people may prefer the ground-pounding bass that Kicker and DD are quite capable of and they might say that is the best speaker in their opinion. However, some people will say that they prefer the tight bass and clarity that Infinity and Eclipse are famous for. So there really is no best speaker as you can see. The saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" works perfectly in this situation. One speaker that a person loves and thinks is the best IN THEIR OPINION may be a speaker that another person dislikes. Never say that there is a best speaker or else you will get smacked down for saying it. Rather, say it using the phrase "In my opinion, my favorite speaker after listening to it was... (Insert Speaker Brand/Model Here)" It sounds much better than saying "THE BEST SPEAKER IS..." And personally, in my opinion, my favorite speaker after listening to it was the Kicker 15L7.

And what about the few that have had excellent luck with Legacy?

Even companies that regularly produce less than standard equipment by a majority opinion in the Car Audio Industry have thier good days.

Its kind of like two people standing face to face and repeatedly telling each other that they are better than the other. There is obviously no right answer between the two.

Anyone care to disagree?

take it easy,

-zane

no such thing as best sub! it depends on how u make your enclosure.

try put the strokers on a "FAILURE" box.. sure its gonna sound crap.

if its exicuted right (meaning the install and the woofers given application/box design and of course amplified correctly) there is no best of anything unless its something like spl where you get measured........then it can go to a better woofer. then again that is exicution...........................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Audiomaster

10+ year member
Audiomaster
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from