Zane, need help with my rockford sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sspider
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Elite
new york
Alright, i have a rf hx2 power dvc 12". and i was listening to it the other day and i noticed a tapping sound when the bass notes would hit. So i took out the box and took out the sub, and noticed that the yellow roll spider has come off. Not completly but half way around. What do i do to fix it. Please help

Sspider:eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif :eek: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Is this break on the outside of the spider or towards the center where the cone meets the spider? If the latter is your trouble, you have likely pushed the woofer beyond its excursion limits and damaged the motor assembly. In that case, there is little to repair, Otherwise, general All-Purpose silicone works great, Usually less than $5 at any hardware store. Simply apply a thin film of the silicon to the trouble area- let cure at least 24 hours and then install and play at low volume for about an hour to break things in again. Should be good to go then, unless you do have motor assembly damage such as I indicated above.

take it easy,

-zane

There really isn;t any damage, just that the spider has come off at the basket, not where the cone meets, but thanks for all your help, i will address the problem right away, i really didn't want to go thru the trouble of sending it out to the company cuz that would tak eway to long and i cant survive....

Thanks for all your help

Your the best

Sspider

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.