Yukon Rebuild. 12 15's, Ipad, extensive fiberglass and motorization

the blue stuff is low temp plastic. im not sure where you can buy it online. try a google search. i get it from select products but you have to be a dealer to get it. mobilesolutionsusa.com... try that

well i havent been on here much latley. had alot to do with the show and whatnot then took a lil vacation to nashville with the woman to get away from ****.

got a lil bit of work done tho. i decided to finish one of the kicks to see what the final look of the interior will look like.

used the chopper gun on this and it worked great. almost no body filling. just sanded the glass and was almost perfect.

IMAG1311.jpg

IMAG1310.jpg

IMAG1309.jpg

got in some of the 4 way stretch vinyl im going to use. got bored so i found some purple suede in the back room and half-*** made the grill. its not up to my standard but it looks good enough to get the point. im also using GLOSS white formica under the grill, not matte like in the pic. i wish they made a camera that would pick up purple, it looks blue here, but its far from it in person.

IMAG1341.jpg

IMAG1337.jpg

box in

IMAG1319.jpg

the other door done

1312944037999.jpg

console work

IMAG1348.jpg

IMAG1346.jpg

also mocked up some armrests. (this is gonna be some crazy work when its done but you wont see it for awhile)

IMAG1360.jpg

IMAG1365.jpg

IMAG1366.jpg

IMAG1367.jpg

no **** thats alot cheaper than SP....but i bet shipping is a *****!. i think i payed 35-40~ for a 36x48...

yep its goin up top, i hate copying off of ppl but Fishman inspired me on his fishedition. so it will be similar to that....

no **** thats alot cheaper than SP....but i bet shipping is a *****!. i think i payed 35-40~ for a 36x48...
Ya, I checked to see how much it would be,,,,Shipping for the panel to my home in central cali tabbed out to be $148. Granted I didn't have them cut it into smaller sections but dayum!

Not sure if this is the same...but sounds the same! Smaller sizes

http://www.foamboardsource.com/sintra-pvc-foam--sintra-pvc-board--sintra-pvc-3mm.html

Great work! Lookin forward to more photos! Subscribed

i really wanted to cry when i had to destroy these, first thing i fiberglassed that acually went in a vehicle. alot of work went into these to make them look good (trial and error lol)

IMAG1373.jpg

IMAG1383.jpg

IMAG1385.jpg

i drilled holes in the sides of the plastic panel so that the fiberglass would better adhere to it.

IMAG1386.jpg

IMAG1388.jpg

IMAG1393.jpg

IMAG1396.jpg

IMAG1397.jpg

IMAG1398.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.