Your opinion on this trade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Euth_In_Asia
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Nashville
I have 2 solo baric L7 10s, a broken memphis pr1000 and rf 1001bd (older 2003 version broken)and $200 for 2 jl w7 10s with no box. Would this be a good deal and a big upgrade in your opinion? I have asked a few people and they said its not worth the difference. I know JL is a good brand but am I just paying for the name? Thanks

The trade is only worth what you think it is. If you think you putting $200 to some subs that you don't want then is it worth it? No...

The trade is only worth what you think it is. If you think you putting $200 to some subs that you don't want then is it worth it? No...
True but what I'm wondering is if the upgrade of sq is with the amount I'm putting in our would there be not too much of a difference.

Well, just do it.. Fvck it. You're giving him 2 broken things and some cheap subs. Better off getting rid of those amps now rather than just having them sit.

If you don't like the subs then you can sell them without taking a huge hit, probably.

Well, just do it.. Fvck it. You're giving him 2 broken things and some cheap subs. Better off getting rid of those amps now rather than just having them sit.
If you don't like the subs then you can sell them without taking a huge hit, probably.
**** I'm not even going to lie that kinda hurt... Lol... I thought I was actually doing something when I got my solos... But you do make a point learn by experience

Its all good I wanted opinions on the audio and I got them. I'm just wondering if these are as amazing as they say. waiting on a few more opinions til I seal the deal. Just kind of like contemplating trading for a pair of jordans that claim to be amazing; but in the end they did the same for you on the court that the shoes you traded for did but they had the little jumpman on them. Losing out on cash for the name is what I'm afraid of and not really too familiar with the brand being a car audio noob and all. Thanks though

in my opinion its a Fair trade. I would sell the w7's tho. not that they aren't good but you can sell em for good money to a jl groupie and buy 2 10s off here and prob an amp to go with it. if you dont want to then bang them suckaz but i would def get rid of the kickers. i use to have 2 comp vr 15s in my tahoe and i thought it was the ****. then i threw my re xxx in the back and a world of difference off the same amp/wattage as the kickers.

Anyone who's heard higher end JL subs knows how nice they sound. Not very loud like a SPL sub but they sound soooo smooth and clear doing it. I think its a Fair trade also. JL's have a good resale value so you can always sell them if you change your mind.

Otherwise get your broken amps fixed, sell those and your solo's for something you really want. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.