Your db Numbers!

well if you could read you would notice it said OLD termlab. so i would imagine it would be a bit lower. yea,but firing back with that big of a box i highly doubt he will gain a ton because i know right now his box is as big as the trunk because mine is.

Lol I can read but didnt notice the old ac mic. still Im sure hes going to go up up and more up in the db department. Bank on it kiddo. He will.

well if you could read you would notice it said OLD termlab. so i would imagine it would be a bit lower. yea,but firing back with that big of a box i highly doubt he will gain a ton because i know right now his box is as big as the trunk because mine is.
my box is big but low i take up alot of my trunk but is only 11" tall meaning all the air thats pushed over top of the box instead of squeezing around the sides and top ..

also i notice i did that number with a blown sub and weak electrical(Dropping to 11.7) but these are excuses and i will learn to correct my mistakes

FYI 150+ coming soon you can bet on that one..

and what you got in your car?? PM me

The only difference I've seen between the "old" TL sensor and the newer one is maybe .2 db's, nowhere near 3 db's in difference. Now if you were talking about the AudioControl meters then 3 db's would be pretty accurate. The old AC180 is about 7-10 db's higher than the AC190, depending on the sensitivity settings.

The only difference I've seen between the "old" TL sensor and the newer one is maybe .2 db's, nowhere near 3 db's in difference. Now if you were talking about the AudioControl meters then 3 db's would be pretty accurate. The old AC180 is about 7-10 db's higher than the AC190, depending on the sensitivity settings.
Not sure. I know there was an AC mic that was like crazy at times in readings. But slap show was/is using a newer ac 180 an 190 both a square in shape just like the TL. The 180 was like 1-2dbs off and the 190 was like almost dead on with the TL.

Not sure. I know there was an AC mic that was like crazy at times in readings. But slap show was/is using a newer ac 180 an 190 both a square in shape just like the TL. The 180 was like 1-2dbs off and the 190 was like almost dead on with the TL.

x2

Slapshow uses the AC 190, that looks almost like the TL. The AC180 is a small pen like microphone type sensor. Depending on who is running the meter the sensitivity can be raised so people will see bigger numbers, I know they do this with the old 180, not sure about the 190. The 190 is normally about .2 db's off from the TL. At a show a couple weeks ago we put the TL at the glass and the old AC180 on the floor and metered him with both meters at the same time and he was doing 160 on the TL and 170 on the 180.

Slapshow uses the AC 190, that looks almost like the TL. The AC180 is a small pen like microphone type sensor. Depending on who is running the meter the sensitivity can be raised so people will see bigger numbers, I know they do this with the old 180, not sure about the 190. The 190 is normally about .2 db's off from the TL. At a show a couple weeks ago we put the TL at the glass and the old AC180 on the floor and metered him with both meters at the same time and he was doing 160 on the TL and 170 on the 180.

I know that slapshow uses the slp190 its called now. I thought that there was a spl180 that looks the same. No Im not talking about the small pen one. Its square also. But I must be mistaken then. The TL and AC 190 I have found them to be dead on. Some ppl say .2 as you or even 1 db off. I havent found that to be the case.

Car: 2001 nissan pathfinder

Electrical: stock

Amp: mtx 8001

Sub: polk db (12") x4

Box: ported, 12cuft 32hz

Mic: TL

Tone: music/38-42hz

Score: 142.5

first time and first build. im gonna try again in a month for 145.

Car: 2003 Ford Explorer

Electrical: 2 yellow tops

Amp: Audiopipe AP3000

Subs: (2)15" Fi Q's

Box: 7.9 cubes @ 33Hz

Mic: TL sealed up on dash

Tone: 41Hz

Score: 148.2

Car: 1993 Ford Probe GT

Electrical: (4) Northstar NSB 90s, 275 amp HO alt

Amp: (2) Autotek MM3000.1 @ 1.4ohms

Subs: (2)15" Shocker Sig d.7

Box: 9ft3 @ 38hz, 1/2 wall

Mic: TL sealed up on dash

Tone: 54hz

Score:153.6, 150.4 bassrace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.