You wont believe this.

for future reference, amps are more durable than you think, or they would all be frying when 50% of people head to work. only need to worry about corrosion, if left wet too long. compressed air first, then set it somewhere hot, like the laundry room, boiler, water heater, etc to finish airing out. rice really does nothing, and barely does anything for phones. phones are sensitive because of the delicate internals. don't get me wrong, a soaked amp has the possibility to short something if on, especially if the water has some electrolyte property to it, but the rice and/or gel just has more potential for mess, than for drying. oh, and close your windows when you come near a big puddle. many haul through it, because it is fun, knocks fresh dirt off, or just don't feel like slowing down.

I was/ have been that guy.

I also swamped my truck and water came in the cab soaking my precious punch 200 dsm. Cut power while its wet, dont let it turn on. Then clean with electric contact cleaner. Blow it out with air then let it set in a warm dry place for a bit. Bang

i always haul *** thru giant puddles, its like a free under body carwash

and its 10x more enjoyable when u catch some sucker walkin right next to it, free shower for them also muwhahaha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.