Y-adapters for RCA, bad?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tee
10+ year member

You know
BR
I got this good deal for a new HU, only thing wrong, one of the two pairs of RCAs doesn't work. Now I have to use Y-adapter because I'm using my amp in 3 channels. My question is, what are the consequences of using the Y-adapters instead of having both pairs of RCAs working to run a pair of comps and a sub?

****, I just found out that this is the speaker section, I should be in the HU section.

No separate controls for bass boost/eq/etc if they are all coming off one set (not off the HU at least).

Other than that I doubt you will have any issues. I'm not sure if there would be a voltage drop in the preouts having them split but even if there is most preouts put out more voltage than you really need, though you can't argue with a cleaner clearer pre-amp signal

No separate controls for bass boost/eq/etc if they are all coming off one set (not off the HU at least).
Other than that I doubt you will have any issues. I'm not sure if there would be a voltage drop in the preouts having them split but even if there is most preouts put out more voltage than you really need, though you can't argue with a cleaner clearer pre-amp signal
Negative. Voltage only drops through components in a series circuit with different resistance.

No problem at all using a splitter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.