XXX vs Stroker (reg or pro)

LuvnThatBass
10+ year member

I like speakers
Phoenix
I was just wondering what would give me the best SPL in a 2006 honda civic coupe, 2 12" XXX (new models) or 2 Stroker's (including new stroker pro's). they would be in a ported box, preferably tuned to 35hz. i would use it for everyday abuse and am really interested in SPL, but it also needs to have decent SQ. OR is there any other 2 12" subs that would be better for SPL and SQ.

also what amp would you suggest. (preferable a mono block on each sub, unless theres a better solution)

any bit of help would be great. thx

I was just wondering what would give me the best SPL in a 2006 honda civic coupe, 2 12" XXX (new models) or 2 Stroker's (including new stroker pro's). they would be in a ported box, preferably tuned to 35hz. i would use it for everyday abuse and am really interested in SPL, but it also needs to have decent SQ. OR is there any other 2 12" subs that would be better for SPL and SQ.
also what amp would you suggest. (preferable a mono block on each sub, unless theres a better solution)

any bit of help would be great. thx
let's just say you have theright box specs (ported) for the subs. A couple things to consider...

1. no more trunk space

2. about 300 pounds added to the back of the car

now if you can deal with that we'll move on to the next few problems.

both the new xxx and the stroker pro needs about 2500 rms each, that's 5000 rms total. Now there are only a handful of amps that'll do that. Almost all of which is over $1000 (crown gbl, soundstream, incriminator audio x2, hifonics.....) also if you are running 5000 rms, you need a really highout put alternator, expect that to run about 5-600 bucks for a custom made one shipped. (there isn't enough space for two alternators so you have to find like a 400 amp alternator lol). Then we get to the batteries. For 5000 rms, your looking at about 4 -5 batteries... that;s about $750-$1000, oh and you have to get some 1/0 gauge powerwire, maybe even 4/0... that's about $400 for all the wires.

now if you can justify $5000-$7000 just for bass, then heres the answer to your original question.

the stroker pros will be louder as they are spl subs wheras the xxx is an sql sub. The stroker pros have decent sq and will pound the crap out of the car.

x2 on big power issues...but1 sub and amp is not out of the question will still get loud and sound good, give that a thought.

power acoustik amps may be cheaper in price but they still arent peices of shi@ by any means. but yah your right, if a person is spending 2000 dollars on subs why not spend equal on a quality amp

well how are the stroker pros (12in) compaired to just a regular new stroker (12in). and assume it was hooked up to an optimal power source; just a single 12inch in a 3.5cuft ported box tuned to 34hz (or around the low range). and i have a fetish for bass, i had a 15" audiobahn immortal hooked up to a visonik V4000DX and that **** beat pretty well. but obviously the voice coil fried, cuz lets face it its audiobahn. the speaker wasnt too bad tho. but i am definitely looking to upgrade to something with some SQ and maximum SPL. basically so my ears bleed if i want them too.....

for maximum spl.... I would just get a single 15" stroker pro in a big ported box with plenty of power...It's better than getting two because it will still hurt like hel l lol but doesn't require as much power or weigh your car down as much. Also the stroker pro will be louder than the regular...plus it looks 100x better...

oh, and don't forget to sound deaden every inch of the car as the stoker pro is a monster and will make every rattle 10x more noticible and knock off every piece of weak joined trim....oh and don't forget about the windows....

just hope you got the electrical for it good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LuvnThatBass

10+ year member
I like speakers
LuvnThatBass
Phoenix
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date