xxv-01d

There are some places local that are "official Kenwood dealer and or service place" I wonder how much it'll cost to repair, person i bought it from bought it from someone else on ebay so warranty service is out of the question... I'd really like to get it fixed and going....

I wouldn't have a clue as to what repairing a HU might cost.

I've only ever had two decks go bad on me. My very first aftermarket deck went up in smoke never to work again. As it was a $99 stereo to begin with I wasn't overly upset.

The other one, a Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X569, quit reading CDs and was repaired under warranty which cost me nothing.

Good news.... sorta.

Rapid on/off was caused by something simple. A nearly dead battery. Now that i threw that biotch on a charger the HU is working.... better. Doesn't do the power off between standby and other source change.

Bad news is RCA's work! Except only when DSP is turned off.... God please tell me this is some setting burried in some menu somewhere!!! It works great other than that, i got to hear it for the first time just now and threw on some Coldplay (uncompressed) and it sounds sweet! Would probably sound better with DTA and x-overs tho.... Any ideas now prowler? Also, seems to MUCH less heat coming off now... After a good 20 min. of listening barely even warm.

Ugh, this is so puzzling reading through this. I'm so sorry you're having troubles. It'll be worth it when it all works out. PM if you have any more questions.

man i dont know what to say. with DSP off, the sounds *****. did you try reseting the deck? and were you benching the head unit the whole time?

i can never get the DTA thingy. just another feature im missing out? adjust your cabin, speaker sizes, and maybe play around with the eq.

its a shame that my sub pre-out needs to be re-grounded:(

jjones?

I haven't an explanation as to why the DSP being defeated would have anything to do with the output from the RCAs either. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The plain truth is that it shouldn't.

My suggestion at this stage is to make sure the battery is completely charged before trying to use the unit again. Reset it one more time to see if that clears its little brain of any hiccups and hopefully it will work properly from that point forward.

The deck trying to pull more current than was available from a nearly dead battery certainly explains why the back end was getting so hot, though, so that's a relief to have had at least that portion of this little mystery explained...

Thanks for your help everyone, threw the charger on deep cycle and it's been on there all night. Gonna go out and give it another try. It's so aggravating, I just want it to work!

Good news! Just hooked it up after the car was on deep cycle charge all day and night and everything works as it should! I'd aspecially like to thank Prowler for all his excellent advice and help with troubleshooting and also Randyrsx for the chance to pick up this awesome HU at a good price! Although some serious gain adjustments are to be had, the full range is a little quiet now, but the sub out is THUNDEROUS! Like i have the sub out to -9 and it's about matching the sub output and my Alpine HU was at full sub output (+15 I think)!

A few more questions though, does this have any way to search music, wither on CD or MP3? The only thing i could find was folder search. But I haven't looked into it too much.

Also, is the motorcycle movie the only one i got from factory, or is there a way to switch them to some other factory loaded ones?

Also, could someone provide me the link for the software to convert my pics and movies to the correct format to upload to the player?

Thanks again everyone...

Very, very cool that the only real issue was a discharged battery rather than an issue with the unit itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I have been seeing threads about buyers having been pleased with the treatment they received from randy as far as his selling goes and I was hoping this wasn't going to tarnish the reputation he was/is building for himself here. We need more good sellers and I'm further glad to see that he was following this thread as well and I will assume that had that actually been a problem with the deck that he would have made it right immediately.

Anyway - on to what you were asking...

Pushing up or down on the hat switch on the right of the faceplate changes folders within a disc loaded with .mp3 files. Pushing that same hat switch left or right navigates through the individual files within the folder you're currently accessing. Other than that I'm not certain what you mean by searching so if you can clarify that a bit I'm happy to help further if I can.

The motorcycle movie isn't the only one you get as a default option. There is also one with sharks swimming or something like that and perhaps another one? I do not recall what all there is exactly as that isn't the mode I use for the display on mine.

To access the different ones you'll press the rectangular menu button (found immediately to the left of the display but to the right of the volume knob). Once in the resultant menu press it a second time to access another submenu. That second submenu's bottom option will be "Display" Using the volume knob scroll to that space where it says display and then tap the volume knob in - once.

You should then be in the submenu that allows you to switch between the five available display modes which are labeled as A, B, C, D, and E.

If you are fine with the mode that shows the "movies" you'll want to skip the "Mode" option and scroll to where it says "SA/GRPH"

Once that option is highlighted pressing the volume knob in repeatedly will scroll through the available options which will include a few different spectrum analyzer displays, the choice of various still images (you can pick a single one that you like and stay on it or allow the unit to auto-scroll through all twelve that are pre-loaded) the aforementioned "movies" or the G-Analyzer display.

Pick whatever you like and then hitting the "Menu" botton again will bring you back into whatever source mode you were in prior to accessing these submenus.

To get Kenwood's Picture Engine (I think it's called) software you'll want to go here and download it.

Anymore question please feel free to ask. I'm glad to help as much as I can. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Cool, thanks for the link for the picture image software.

And thanks for checking in Randy, I always knew it was something i was doing wrong, or rather something ill-fated that was happening to me. I figured it wasn't something that was wrong with the unit all along.

My alpine has a quick search feature that allowed you to browse files and folders for both .mp3 and regular cd's without listening to them first. Like you could go from the first track to... let's say the 7th without going through number 1-6. It let you do this by showing the track name while the current song was still playing.

Okay - I do not know of a search function that let's you do what you've mentioned the Alpine unit would but can I assume that you got the remote supplied with the HU?

If so via the remote you have direct track access.

Say you're in Folder 2 out of however many you've burnt to that disc and listening to Track 32 within Folder 2.

Well, you want to go to Track 70 within Folder 2 but you don't want to hit the >>| button 38 times.

Key in '7' then '0' on the remote and then hit the >>| or |

It will jump directly to cut 70 within that folder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jjones5000

10+ year member
jjones5000
Midland co., MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from