Xstatic Batcap

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nero557
10+ year member

All right... I was searchin the forums and didn't really get the direct answers I want so I'm making a post... I have an 99 S10 with stock alt and a yellow top, alpine h/u, orion 1200d amps (2), and 2 10in Orion H2 subs. Anywho, i was installin the pos cap that i had layin around today and i snapped one of the posts right in half. So I was wondering since i have to spend the money anyhow, I hear a lot about these "batcaps" and I wanted to know if its worth the 100 bux for the model 300 one... or should I just get another cap that's 5 farads or so for like 80 bux? The cap is a power acoustik which im also not too familiar with... I'm also going to do the big 3 tomorrow so hopefully that helps some... any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance. -Art-

i want to see pics of this 6 months from now lol
See pics of what? And if you are talking about my truck, I don't know if it's gonna last 6 months, the whole thing went to Sh*t since my bro in law borrowed it for the past 8 months...

first off i better ask this which 1200 orions are we talking about? the 600 watt rms ones or the 1200 watt ones? and i was talking about the batcap ... my truck is a bigger POS than anything you could admit to drive lol

1200wrms, not the newest ones that just recently came out, but the model before them. I didn't mean to come on to strongly there (im not offended or anything, i was just wondering what you meant)

ahh, yeah, gotcha. Yeah but like i said, its seeming like the truck is fallin apart faster than i can fix it, so if that sh*t keeps up then i'll end up with a new vehicle by 6 months. lol this thing was beautiful and had nothing wrong with it, then i got a dodge ram and lent the s10 to my bro in law and i get it back and it barely runs.... guess that's what i get for lending it out...

2400 watts on a 600 would probably yeild same type of result in the end....600 is good for about 600-800 or so watts that way..it is why the batteries have their model numbers

if that was added as a reinforcement like a capacitor is used then it would be better than 5 farad cap that hes spending 80 bucks on. but if he replaced his current batt with the 600 i don't think that would be a good idea

if that was added as a reinforcement like a capacitor is used then it would be better than 5 farad cap that hes spending 80 bucks on. but if he replaced his current batt with the 600 i don't think that would be a good idea
being used in that fashion with a stock alt on 2400 watts is bad same with a cap. reenforcement is just that but with that type of set up its leaning to wards the power source rather than reenforcement

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nero557

10+ year member
Nero557
Chicago, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from