xk09-plxr

Participant count
  • Participant list
As I said in your other thread,
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-video-security-electronics/485428-type-interface-needed.html#post7245544

the xk09 will work but not with plxr firmware. you'd need to flash it for DLPKGM - -

also, if you use the xk09 you'll be running wires into your door for doorlocks which is why I suggest what I suggest.
so what you are telling me is if I plug the 4-wire harness directly into the alarm/remote I will need to flash the plxr firmware right?

XpressKit DLPKGM - Factory Immobilizer Bypass Modules - Sonic ...

is this what i need? or i`m confused.....help ok I read your link it`s clear now I need to get either one of those modules you suggested and not go with the xk09 module.

right, you'll need to flash the xk09 previous to when you go to install it with the proper (separate) flash tool, via a computer. Or have a shop do it for you. the other 2 I mentioned are good to go out of the box and provide you with the bypass + doorlocks, door pin, probably trunk and more..

right, you'll need to flash the xk09 previous to when you go to install it with the proper (separate) flash tool, via a computer. Or have a shop do it for you. the other 2 I mentioned are good to go out of the box and provide you with the bypass + doorlocks, door pin, probably trunk and more..
so if I go with the DLPKGM I will NOT need the xk09 correct? sorry to be so many questions I just want to get it right thanks for your help.

Mendon99 I have question for you I need to know if I have a D2D port on my Viper791 alarm/remote start ?

I was also looking at the compatibility chart and it did not list my 1999 bonneville as being compatible...I know inthe other posting on diymobileaudio.com I listed my car as a 2001 bonneville but that deal feel through and so I got the 1999...point me in the right direction.

not on a 791, that tech didn't come out till years later. You'll have to cut one connector end off and wire it up manually (ground, constant, status)

You'll have to use an XK09, or XK06 programmed to PLXR firmware, OR if you can find a straight PLJX unit, that would be easiest (no programming needed, will work out of box)

ok does the blue(RV) wire go to the one of the 2 wires in the orange sleeve or does it connect to the the yellow wire? and is this the same yellow starter wire or is this a different yellow wire?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, this is a VATS system. I would have figured other wise. You can simply use a resistor if you'd like (with the same resistance as the one in your key) across the two wires in the yellow sleeve (when cut, not the key side, use the car side).

which bypass are you referring to, though?

Vats..hell yeah. OP. Do u know how to test your resistance on the keys? Also u will need to use a relay for thhe bypass or u will loose your factory vats if u put the resistor in line. 791 will NOT do a data connection, and your car will not either.

Ah, this is a VATS system. I would have figured other wise. You can simply use a resistor if you'd like (with the same resistance as the one in your key) across the two wires in the yellow sleeve (when cut, not the key side, use the car side).
which bypass are you referring to, though?
the pljx bypass,yes i have heard that you could just use a resistor with the same value as the one in your key, how can you tell which wire in the yellow sleeve is the car -side wire since both are the same color?

you're going to cut the VATS sleeve right in half. you'll be left with 2 pairs of open ends. you want to connect the resistor to the two ends that come from the BCM, NOT the key barrel. You'll be left with one pair that's just dangling, and the other pair has a resistor connecting the two. Make sure you solder. lmk if this makes sense

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jrouter76

10+ year member
jrouter76
jrouter76
Mount Vernon ,Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date