xfl vs cvr New models

xfl's are in a whole 'nother league.
but do you you think 2 will be louder than 4 cvrs. im using all of my trunk space for which ever setup i decide to get. I've heard 4 cvrs in person and it was loud as hell, but i only heard american bass on youtube or video, never in person but i just know they hit hard as hell to

but do you you think 2 will be louder than 4 cvrs. im using all of my trunk space for which ever setup i decide to get. I've heard 4 cvrs in person and it was loud as hell, but i only heard american bass on youtube or video, never in person but i just know they hit hard as hell to
I've heard two XFL's in a custom box and it was hitting just under 150 decibels (that's some serious output)
In order to properly run enough wattage for that (2200 watts minimum) be prepared to dropped alot of money on electrical (your going to need an aftermarket alternator, AGM battery, and big 3).

there's probably better options than both of those if you give us your budget.

everyone (almost) on this forum bashes kicker so take it with a grain of salt.

Don't laugh at me but this is going in a 2000 mustang. i was looking at kicker because cvrs dont need much space in sealed enclosure. and for the xfls i can completely take the trunk and brackets off and make cutting adjustments to get the biggest possible box in there

measure the total room (LxWxH) you have, or if you're good with volume tell us how many cubic feet you have total.

you want a ported or sealed box?

Would you be willing to do a blow through into your cabin? If you're trying to get loud, don't go sealed. Get a custom ported box built for the subs. The most you'll be able to fit is probably 2 12" ported in a mustang. But tell us how much space you're working with so we can figure out the best route for you.

Don't get CVR's. There is a reason everyone bashes Kicker.

Also, I'd rather have two subs ported than 4 subs sealed. Don't just try and cram more subs.

measure the total room (LxWxH) you have, or if you're good with volume tell us how many cubic feet you have total.
you want a ported or sealed box?
well after somecutting around L 24'' x W 32'' H 14''. given my trunk space sealed might be best option

well after somecutting around L 24'' x W 32'' H 14''. given my trunk space sealed might be best option
You'll want to do an 8" sonotube port with that space if you are going xfls, i'll have to have a few inches extending out too. You will barely have any cubic feet left if you do slot port. Sealed with XFL is not an option man.

Thought about doing a single beefy 15? What kind of power are you running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.