Xfl 10” vs dual Ct sounds strato 8’s

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Initial thoughts, improvement in leg room, I’m able to put my seat back a lil more with makes it very comfortable. Played a song that I played with the xfl and these subs get louder with lest volume on the volume knob. Definitely vibrates more. No rattles but more vibration ( moving more air). I really like how they sound due to facing up. Seems up firing is the way to go in my truck out of all the setups I’ve tried thus far. I will say t-line with subs behind seat facing foward and port up sounded really nice as well. Definitely have to do some tuning. Started smelling some glue and cones got warm. Could have been the bass heavy song. Played a couple more tracks and cones were fine with no smell. Going to decide what to cover the box with and retune and give me final conclusion. But soo far, I will be settling with this setup….for now🙄😁.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Yep bought a piece of plexiglass to insert on the front slanted panel but decided not to at last minute. I’ve never done that before and was just ready to get the box done.

Last edited:

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
Looks Dammned Good man.!!

Reactions: Ridinhi

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Do you know what your final port area/cube is?
Suppose to be 12”/cube but, designing is your specialty,lol. This is something I came up with as a test project but I’m liking the outcome

Reactions: Buck

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Next you’re gonna make 5 blowthroughs right? Haha
Seems that is about the only thing I haven’t tried yet. 😁.
Just don’t want to hack up my dads truck 😩
But hey, who knows what the future holds 😁

• Love
Reactions: Buck

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
I’ll definitely play around with it more this weekend. This 92 degree heat beaming On my face is not good.

djdilliodon!

CarAudio.com Well Known
Nov 12, 2021
Looking good! I’d have already did a blow through 😂. I gotta get me an early 2000’s Chevy truck so I can do a wall with 18’s. Maybe this winter I’ll pick one up 🤔. My wife won’t let me touch her car, all I wanted to do is 8’s and she shot that down real quick 🥺.

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Looking good! I’d have already did a blow through 😂. I gotta get me an early 2000’s Chevy truck so I can do a wall with 18’s. Maybe this winter I’ll pick one up 🤔. My wife won’t let me touch her car, all I wanted to do is 8’s and she shot that down real quick 🥺.
Lol, wifey not having that huh! I would love to do a wall with 18’s.
infinite baffle in a sedan is my dream.

djdilliodon!

CarAudio.com Well Known
Nov 12, 2021
Nope she isn’t 😂. I wanna do something with 4 18’s or 6 if I could squeeze it. Once the weather cools off and winter sets in, I have to meter what I have now and then do the upgraded version of the 15’s to see what the difference is. I did a few of the upgraded ones for others but you can’t really compare unless everything is identical. So I wanna put a pair in my car. I say upgraded meanwhile it’s a totally different sub lol

Reactions: Ridinhi

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.