X-15 in 3.67 NET tuned to 29.87 - Yay or nay?

So, long story short. @CSCStang built me yet another bad A enclosure. Unfortunately, it was built for an American Bass XR-15.

I could not find an XR-15 for sale, Bob says they're discontinued.

No matter, WinISD and CSCStang says the XFL-15 would be fine in the enclosure.

I got an XFL-15 and it sounded BAD *** until my AudioPipe amp decided on one cold morning to send straight DC to the sub and cook it.

Seriously, my car was defrosting one morning and I come outside to smell smoke and my voltage meter sitting at 13.2v. The headunit was off and the amp was still on.

Not an installer error mind you, but the amp just hit the fan I guess.

AudioPipe doesn't want to warranty the amp, so I threw it away. Now I am left with a cooked XFL-15.

I could get another XFL-15 or a recone, but I only listen to decaf and rebassed music in this truck.

So, modeling in WinISD shows the Sundown X-15 to have more peak at 30Hz than both the XFL and XR-15. CSCStang also says that it will perform quite well.

Before I shell out $500 on a sub, I'd like some more input as I really like this enclosure.

I know Bob says that the XR-15 will come back because I spoke with him personally (funny that when you call their support he picks up)

I really like the x-15 tho mannnn shizz

It’s kinda on the small side for a x but will still play just fine. I’d personally run a x15 in 4.5ish maybe a little more per. If you want pm me and I can text you a vid of two x15s on two cab1600s hair tricking pretty good. Box was 11 cubes tuned to 28 with a 12” aero.

I do not see why it wouldn’t tuned to 29. I would think that it should sound pretty good if stang says it will. Guy does amazing box’s and knows what he builds. I say grab the x

Seeing ssa is having a sale i would hit up @denim and see if there’s anything in your power range. I’d you can push it a xcon or zcon wouldn’t be a bad option at all and we all know ssa builds top of the line subs the get down and sound good doing it. Just wanted to keep your options open.

I do not see why it wouldn’t tuned to 29. I would think that it should sound pretty good if stang says it will. Guy does amazing box’s and knows what he builds. I say grab the x
Tuning it low isn’t what’s going to make it play low. U need the proper air space. A x in 3.6cubed tuned to 29 will make some noise but one in 4.5 tunes to 29 will walk all over it

Tuning it low isn’t what’s going to make it play low. U need the proper air space. A x in 3.6cubed tuned to 29 will make some noise but one in 4.5 tunes to 29 will walk all over it
space makes bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

C'mon Louie, didn't you know that?!

I misread his post. I didn’t realize we were after low lows. I’m a big fan of under 30hz and can do low. Will it ops box play low? Yeah. With authority? Probably not. I’m not the best for advice though because I feel a x15 needs like 5 cubes each and using a aero around 7-9sq in of port per. If it were me id grab the x and sell the box and build a new one.

Also the SSA subs are usually about 1/4 wider than compatible subs, found that out when I got a Zcon 15, and it was to big for my enclosure, and I really did NOT want to hack on that Double07 masterpiece.

Also the SSA subs are usually about 1/4 wider than compatible subs, found that out when I got a Zcon 15, and it was to big for my enclosure, and I really did NOT want to hack on that Double07 masterpiece.
The majority of our #subwoofers use a standard 12 spoke basket, so they should be pretty dead on, unless it is the F8L or Evil with different baskets.

The majority of our #subwoofers use a standard 12 spoke basket, so they should be pretty dead on, unless it is the F8L or Evil with different baskets.
I had an enclosure that I had built for my re audio mt15, and I acquired a zcon 15. Re was 14inch cut out, and your site stated that the zcon is 14.125. Would that be considered a significant difference, if not, kind sir, I stand corrected. And I would never dispute, nor argue with you.

I misread his post. I didn’t realize we were after low lows. I’m a big fan of under 30hz and can do low. Will it ops box play low? Yeah. With authority? Probably not. I’m not the best for advice though because I feel a x15 needs like 5 cubes each and using a aero around 7-9sq in of port per. If it were me id grab the x and sell the box and build a new one.
I contacted Bob again and he says the XR-15 will be coming back within ~6 weeks with an entirely new basket design and even better soft parts. Apparently, they're going to also have a beefier surround. I'm just gonna play the waiting game for now. Haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.