WTB/WTTF high power 8" Midbass/PA

matt_bennett05
10+ year member

mattchoo!
I've pretty much played my current set of Powerbass XL 8" to deeath so I'm looking another route. These will be powered by a Kicker ZR600 (obviously gained down) and crossed around 80hz. They will be in a sealed door pod about 1 cu ft. I want them to be loud, but sound ok-good doing so. I know this kind of sounds like a long shot but it's not nearly impossible.

WANT BY : Well, whenever... mine still play but can't go up on volume as I prefer.

Budget : We'll see depending on what you've got (but I have plenty of trade options which I'd prefer, bills come first).

Post, PM, text (if you have it), whatever... just let me know.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

I do like the idea of trying to do a 3 way setup but I'm limited to what I've got now which is solely one 8" and one big tweet per door. I went and looked at my door this AM really hard and tried to draw up a mental schematic on what I could do and would have room and a fairly good location to place a dedicated mid but I just can't do it right now.

Please show me more offers.

I have not yet seen an 8" PA mid that plays down to 80 Hz. The Precision Power PA mids, for example, are nowhere close to that on the bottom end.
Hmm. I started with a set of Memphis Studio Comp 8" (these are OOOLLLDDD speakers) that could dig down pretty well compared to all the others I've run, but the darn surround started separating from the basket. At first I thought they were just dying from old age so I kept playing them just easier and the more I thought about it I checked and almost sure I made it worse by playing them more. Wish that I could repair it because they did the job perfectly. It's a thin rubber surround that's stiffined and dried some over 10+ years and honestly they'd both need repairing/surround repair. To the ear they were just as loud as the PA, but played deeper.

Not pro-audio, but I have a pair of Peerless XLS 830491 8" drivers and a pair of Usher 8955A 8" drivers. The Ushers would like a little larger box, but with the power you have, stuff the enclosures and go to town. Both have excellent low frequency response. I also have a pair of HAT L8's that I'm running currently, but Im open to switching them for one of my other pairs. PM me if interested in any of these options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.