Wtb: termlab....

Participant count
  • Participant list
THe .net is the expensive one... (I use a .net version) the usb version is the cheaper one... (less options) I beleive the usb usually sells for 499 or 599 cant remember... Out of curiousity, what all do you get for 100 bux?
The only reason that I prefer the .usb is for the portability with the laptop. I had the .net for PC, but did not want to spend the $500 or so for the PCMIA (sp) card.

Mike - if you want to run a TL on a Laptop - this is not the system for you. ^^^. I called to order up a laptop card, it cost as much as purchasing a complete .usb system. Hence, I bought the .usb.

Scottie & Ack - Whats included here: The Data Acquistiton Card (PCI Card) & Cable, The USB Key, The Original Power Supply, original software CD & install papers.

No case. Sorry, that's being kept to tote around my current equipment. Also NO Sensor. I'm reusing the sensor with the .usb. ($299 from WHE).

To operate (IIRC): Install the Instacal software drivers, install the Data Aq. Card into a PCI slot on the motherboard of your computer, run the associated cable from the DA Card to the Power Supply. Install the Termlab software. Plug in the USB key into an available port. Plug the a Cat-5 cable into the sensor, and other end into the Power Supply. You should be ready to go.

I apologize if the instructions are vague, I havent used it since I got the USB system. The important thing here being the DA Card, and the fact that you need to purchase a new sensor. CALL (not email) Wayne. He's pretty good to talk with. He took care of me in about 10 minutes over the phone.

Any other questions, PM Me, I'll shoot you my toll free #.

-Nick

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.