WTB speaker wire for my comp setup?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MeTarzanUJane
10+ year member

slo
I am installing two pairs of Focal K2 Power 165KR 6 3/4" speakers in my Ford E-250 van. The rms rating is 80 watts and the peak power is 140 watts. I have two pairs of Polk Audio MM571 5x7's and a JL Audio 12W6v2-D4 subwoofer hooked up to a Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 5-channel amp and a JVC KW-AVX820 head unit. I am going to pull out the rear pair of Polk 5x7's and unhook the front door panel Polk 5x7's from the amp and connect them directly to the head unit so I can run the Focals off the amp. I have Audison RCA'S and speaker wire but will need new speaker wire for the Focals because of the new install locations. The JVC head unit is dual zone capable and that is one of the reasons I am hooking the Polks directly to the head unit. I want to run the audio for my clarion drop down dvd/lcd screen through the Focal speakers in the rear of the van and use the dual zone audio capabilities for the front passengers if i am watching a movie in the rear.

My two questions are:

1. Am I using the best configuration to achieve my desired outputs?

2. What would be the best sound quality and power handling speaker wire to use with the Focals. I do not want cheap wire but also dont need expensive wire just for the sake of some brand name. I just want best quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.