Kinetik HC600

Participant count
  • Participant list

ctmaudi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Akron, OH
Going to run around 1000rms daily, stock battery in front, stock 110amp alt, and big 3. Have a good offer for an HC600 and wondering if it is needed, or if its not even enough to help. Probably going to have a distro block before the HC600 for the 4chan amp running 200rms, and then continue from the distro to the HC600 for the sub amp running 800-1000rms.

Also, wanted to know if it can be mounted on its side. Going to make a shelf under the rear deck for the amp and would be nice if I could fit the battery there as well.

And will I need to replace the stock battery? Not sure what the deal is with mixing different kinds.

HO alt is not an option, only one available for my car is about $500.

kinetic batteries are always a good idea. Just gives your system the extra boost as well as doesnt make as much wear on your alternator. 1000rms isnt huge but its eneugh to start wearing down on your stock components. And for the question about your stock battery it depends what size it is, if you'll have to replace it.

Its the original factory battery (I think, it says Nissan and I dont think it would have been replaced by now) for an 07 Atlima.

Its the original factory battery (I think, it says Nissan and I dont think it would have been replaced by now) for an 07 Atlima.
If so, your stock batt is at or nearing the 5 year mark, most likely out of it's prime. I'd get to a parts store(advance auto, autozone, etc) and have both the batt and alt load test(it's a free service). Battery replacement will likely be needed in the near future, but no sense in rushing it if it's still got plenty of life.

The car is a mid 07, so its really 3.5 years old. Ill check it though.

When connecting the two batteries do I have to fuse the wire at both ends, or just one? Or not at all? Trying to figure out where to place the distro block and what not.

The car is a mid 07, so its really 3.5 years old. Ill check it though.
When connecting the two batteries do I have to fuse the wire at both ends, or just one? Or not at all? Trying to figure out where to place the distro block and what not.
Common practice is to fuse both ends and most people will advise you to do just that. Some people only fuse one end, some don't fuse at all, but it's a risk and they know it (at least I hope they know it lol).

Well, that means more money for a fuse holder, but less money for more wire lol. Too many dang wiring options for all this stuff.

Stock battery is a group 35 550CCA. Ill test the volts tomorrow.

For the wiring, Im doing 1/0 from front bat - 300amp fuse - 1/0 to back of car - 300amp fuse - 1/0 to HC600 - 1/0 to 150amp x2 fused distro block - either stripped 1/0 to sub amp and 4awg to 4chan, or 4awg to both (only a couple inches from the distro block to the sub amp).

Stock battery sits at 12.75v with the car off. First starting the car it goes up a little over 14v, then settles at 13.4v idle. With max AC, brights, and stock stereo turned up it dropped to 13.3v.

So, there isnt much drop, but it seems kind of low to me. The Rogue I had sat at 14.4v idle, and with the amp pushing 1kw only dropped to 13.5v.

Should I get the HC600 first, or get a new bigger battery under the hood? Havent done big3 either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ctmaudi

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
ctmaudi
Akron, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date