WTB Soundsteam Davinci 7 channel amp + BLT4

Participant count
  • Participant list

john robison

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking to buy a Soundstream Davinci 7 channel amp as well as a BLT-4.

Working models would be preferred but I do have access to a tech that can bench test and repair the old-school class a amps. My dad used to be into car audio competitions before I was born and won multiple competitions with his VW gulf which included this amp.

Let me know what you have and what you would want for it and we can make a deal.

Working models would be preferred but I do have access to a tech that can bench test and repair the old-school class a amps. My dad used to be into car audio competitions before I was born and won multiple competitions with his VW gulf which included this amp.

Let me know what you have and what you would want for it and we can make a deal.

What are those amps worth? Have you found 1?

Last one on this board sold for 900$.

Apart from nostalgia value and "bling" factor those old limited edition suitcase size multichannels from the 90s have nothing to offer over something modern which could get you similar power with built in DSP and that would fit in your glove box and require 1/5 of the power to operate.

There used to be a fella on eBay who sold old rare amplifiers for outrageous prices but his listings always seemed a little suspicious (like he used shill bidders to jack up selling prices). Surely these exist but they're gathering dust in collections of hoarders or you'll get bent over on the price by some dubious re-seller. I'd also never plan to own something like that without throwing another few hundred into it to have all electrolytic caps and other suspect parts replaced.

Last one on this board sold for 900$.

Apart from nostalgia value and "bling" factor those old limited edition suitcase size multichannels from the 90s have nothing to offer over something modern which could get you similar power with built in DSP and that would fit in your glove box and require 1/5 of the power to operate.

There used to be a fella on eBay who sold old rare amplifiers for outrageous prices but his listings always seemed a little suspicious (like he used shill bidders to jack up selling prices). Surely these exist but they're gathering dust in collections of hoarders or you'll get bent over on the price by some dubious re-seller. I'd also never plan to own something like that without throwing another few hundred into it to have all electrolytic caps and other suspect parts replaced.

I have one in the box..never been used. Wanted to see what it is worth.

My dad has oneand we are sending it off to have the internals switched with modern equivalents as well as cosmetically refurbished.

I want to find another one so I can purchase and have one of my own. I would rather my dad be able to keep his rather than pass it down to me, then my dad could give his to my brother.

haven’t found another one yet, and the last post I saw he was asking around $1,800.00 although what it sold for wasn’t mentioned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...