WTB: Sony ES XM-5040 or 450G or 460G Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got Mobile ES XM-7557 Big Red I'll be looking to sell pretty soon 225 shipped.

IMG_1568_zpstxoikc7c.jpg

I've got Mobile ES XM-7557 Big Red I'll be looking to sell pretty soon 225 shipped.
IMG_1568_zpstxoikc7c.jpg

That the 4 or 5ch? Overall condition? How long have you had it for? And for the OP I may have a xm4050....I have a xm10020 a d some 4045s I think also.

That the 4 or 5ch? Overall condition? How long have you had it for? And for the OP I may have a xm4050....I have a xm10020 a d some 4045s I think also.
5 channel. Mostly as you see. The writing around the LEDs is a bit worn and there's a scuff on the heatsink at the high point where someone's drill chuck must have rubbed when screwing down on the high side.

It had been in the case at a local pawn shop for ages and I picked it up as a backup while my 6 channel is out getting repaired. I've only been running it for a couple months and I know it sat in the case at the pawn shop for at least 6 or 7 years.

*Edit*

I've got more pics but my internet is terribly slow. PM me your phone # if you're serious I can text you pics quicker. Also I posted internals in the "old school" section on DIYMA recently.

How do you like it? Neither of mine have the cover. Any trades you might be interested in or need?

5 channel. Mostly as you see. The writing around the LEDs is a bit worn and there's a scuff on the heatsink at the high point where someone's drill chuck must have rubbed when screwing down on the high side.
It had been in the case at a local pawn shop for ages and I picked it up as a backup while my 6 channel is out getting repaired. I've only been running it for a couple months and I know it sat in the case at the pawn shop for at least 6 or 7 years.

How much for the XM-1000?

The 7557 might be the ticket, what are the dimensions?

I still have 1 XM-5040 that I am using but my 89 Reatta has no amp now.....

In case I just end up getting my 2 XM-5040's fixed (smoked one from a loose ground wire) (other one has distortion on the bridged C+D channel)

Where do people send them for repair now?

How do you like it? Neither of mine have the cover. Any trades you might be interested in or need?
It's pretty nice. Interesting pre-amp options. 10X switch on the crossover point allows good flexibility. You can turn off or on negative feedback to suit your tastes, and there's a high or low voltage mode switch. Sounds good, seems to deliver rated power, mono amp side has a little fan tucked in there so cooling shouldn't be a problem.... I'm running it 8 ohms to midbass and generally going easy on things since competition season is over.

Could use some nice tweeters or some beefy power/ground cable as full or partial trade. Caveat being I won't take it out of my Jeep until early next week when I get my amp back.

How much for the XM-1000 or the XM-7557?I still have 1 XM-5040 that I am using but my 89 Reatta has no amp now.....

In case I just end up getting my 2 XM-5040's fixed (smoked one from a loose ground wire) (other one has distortion on the bridged C+D channel)

225 shipped for my 5 channel. Not sure what Michael's prices are, but I'll vouch for him as a good seller.

Stephen Mantz (Zed Audio) is my go-to for amp repair. Amp Medics in Florida is good as is Db-R in Texas.

Hmmm. It's nowhere near mint but you won't find another one. In all of Google there are like 3 guys pics of xm1000s and one of those is me. Shoot me a direct message and we can work it out

How much for the XM-1000?The 7557 might be the ticket, what are the dimensions?

I still have 1 XM-5040 that I am using but my 89 Reatta has no amp now.....

I do have 4/0 welding cable...

It's pretty nice. Interesting pre-amp options. 10X switch on the crossover point allows good flexibility. You can turn off or on negative feedback to suit your tastes, and there's a high or low voltage mode switch. Sounds good, seems to deliver rated power, mono amp side has a little fan tucked in there so cooling shouldn't be a problem.... I'm running it 8 ohms to midbass and generally going easy on things since competition season is over.
Could use some nice tweeters or some beefy power/ground cable as full or partial trade. Caveat being I won't take it out of my Jeep until early next week when I get my amp back.

225 shipped for my 5 channel. Not sure what Michael's prices are, but I'll vouch for him as a good seller.

Stephen Mantz (Zed Audio) is my go-to for amp repair. Amp Medics in Florida is good as is Db-R in Texas.

I'm sorry but I thought the xm 5040 was from the champagne-colored amplifiers that I posted a picture of?

I am looking for a Old Skool Sony ES 4 Channel ampXM-5040

XM-450G

XM-460G

I might be interested in trading a never run sony XES-M3

I'm sorry but I thought the xm 5040 was from the champagne-colored amplifiers that I posted a picture of?
Apparently I don't know my own amps.....I was looking for a XM-5046, 1 ohm stable, 90 watts X4 at 2 ohm. It should be from the same Sony series that gave us the XM5026 and the 260G/460G and 2100G

I dont think your XM1000 is 1 ohm stable and it's 50 watt x 4?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a message with pics

Apparently I don't know my own amps.....I was looking for a XM-5046, 1 ohm stable, 60 watts X4 at 2 ohm. It should be from the same Sony series that gave us the XM5026 and the 260G/460G and 2100GI dont think your XM1000 is 1 ohm stable and it's 50 watt x 4?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.