WTB some 0 gauge

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
anyone have any leftover runs of 0 gauge wire they would want to sale a make a few bucks? got some blue for my positive run but need some black,silver,etc for the ground. Just enough to finish the big 3. Not looking for a whole kit but just a few feet to finish up.

anyone have any leftover runs of 0 gauge wire they would want to sale a make a few bucks? got some blue for my positive run but need some black,silver,etc for the ground. Just enough to finish the big 3. Not looking for a whole kit but just a few feet to finish up.
2/0

2/0 welding= 1/0 car audio wire

[quote name='dailyrider123']Trying to figure out the ampacity of there 2/0 wire @The Camry[/QUOTE]
No idea. Email them and ask. Unless your doing some crazy build. Im sure its more than enough for what you need

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

?
1/0 does not equal 2/0 in terms of ampacity... 1/0 is 1/0, 2/0 is 2/0

the bundles and strands may be more compressed in welding cable, but that doesnt change the ampacity. what you said was wrong thats why i said no

1/0 does not equal 2/0 in terms of ampacity... 1/0 is 1/0, 2/0 is 2/0
the bundles and strands may be more compressed in welding cable, but that doesnt change the ampacity. what you said was wrong thats why i said no
Ive always heard that 2/0 welding wire is 1/0 car audio wire.

The ampacity I pulled from the site specs

Ive always heard that 2/0 welding wire is 1/0 car audio wire.
The ampacity I pulled from the site specs

yeah in terms of size, ive heard that too but its not right

yeah in terms of size, ive heard that too but its not right
Well considering that there is no real standardization for CA wire. No there is no rule of thumb tbh. Between 1/0 CA wire and 2/0 welding wire. Your looking at between 300-400amps capacity. Thats just fact based on stated specs of different wire companies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.